Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria / SA Border - Mallee Country Trip to Bendigo for Jeep 75th Anniversary

Default Victoria / SA Border - Mallee Country Trip to Bendigo for Jeep 75th Anniversary

Victoria Border / Mallee Country Trip - September 2016

As you know, there is going to be a 75th Anniversary of Jeep Show in Bendigo Victoria on Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd October 2016. If you want to go, you could drive there in a day on the highway. Or you could come with us and spend a week on the trail through the Mallee Country on the Vic / SA border!

I will have a full itinerary at Club meetings from April, and can send a copy to anyone that PMs me with their email address.

In brief the plan is;

Saturday 24 Sept - Sydney to Wagga Wagga - 458km

Sunday 25 Sept - Wagga Wagga to Mildura - 558km

Monday 26 Sept - Mildura to Shearers Quarters and Sunset Crater in Murray Sunset National Park via Old Mail Route - 150km

Tuesday 27 Sept - Shearers Quarters to Murrayville via the Sunset Track and the Pink Lakes - 192km

Wednesday 28 Sept - Murrayville to Red Bluff, Big Desert National Park via the South Aust / Victoria Border Track - 90km

Thursday 29 Sept - Red Bluff to Casuarina Camp, Wyperfeld National Park via Lake Albacutya - 201km

Friday 30 Sept - Casuarina Camp to Bendigo via Snowdrift, Speed, Sea Lake and Charlton - 355km

TOTAL DISTANCE - 2004km

This is a serious 4WD tour. We will be driving on bitumen and D Grade dirt roads, as well as some difficult C or even B Grade dirt and sand tracks. The Border Track is a beautiful run on sand dunes!

Some camping will be in caravan parks with all amenities, some in National Parks camping areas with minimal facilities.

Open to 4WD Jeeps with High and Low Range only. If you have to tow, experienced drivers with proper off-road camper trailers only. A tent or swag makes the driving much easier.

Please consider, and post up on this thread if you are interested. I need to have an idea of numbers fairly soon - the caravan park in Bendigo wants an idea of our numbers by 10 April, and we may have to book soon after, so I will be in touch with anyone interested by email soon. If you would like more information, please PM me with your email address. We could manage up to 10 Jeeps.

Definites
    1 DaveG
    2 GregD
    3 KevinF
    4 Adrian - Goneagain
    5 Danny & Sharon
    6 SteveT

7 & 8 TWO paid for camp sites spare in Mildura!

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 16-09-16 at 07:51 PM.

Hi Dave,

Sign me up, looks like a well planned trip. I'll also look to stay at the same camping sites.

Cheers,

Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by MY14JK View Post
    Hi Dave,

Sign me up, looks like a well planned trip. I'll also look to stay at the same camping sites.

Cheers,

Kevin.
    Done! I'll be in touch next week re any bookings we need to make in advance - probably just Mildura and Bendigo.
    Hope this one will involve no rain at all!

Dave

Visitor

Hi Dave, please put me down for this trip too.

Cheers Rob

please include us as confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    please include us as confirmed
    I already did

Rob you are on the list too!

Please add me in Dave!
    Thanks Adrian

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Goneagain; 07-04-16 at 05:31 PM.
    SJC #319

Quote Originally Posted by Goneagain View Post
    Please add me in Dave!
    Thanks Adrian

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Done! Thanks Adrian!

Just an update, Bendigo cara park was keen to get an idea of how many people we had coming, so I forwarded the list to date. I've still got 10 sites earmarked with them, but if we need more, hopefully I'll be able to let them know soonish. We are booked at Big4 Ascot Bendigo 15 Heinz St, White Hills Vic 3550 Phone 1800 062 340 on Friday 30 Sept and Saturday 1 Oct.

If anyone wants to book down there for the Jeep Show, not from our trip, better think about that soon too!

I'll add updates as needed!

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dave; 08-05-16 at 06:53 PM.

Dave - can you change us to a maybe please Brian might not be able to get the first week of the holidays off work