Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Fraser Island - 28th December 2015

Some things to think about
    * Medication and well stocked first aide kit - include an antihisimine and stop itch
    * Recover gear packed where you can access it
    * Shovel (where you can access it)
    * Swimmers available on first day as if we make good time up the beach we can stop at Eli creek for a dip!
    * Sunscreen and after sun product
    * Insect repellent. We like Bushmans in the green spray bottle and rid liquid.
    * If your camp chair has seen better days you might want to replace it as sand tends to increase the wear and tear on them.
    * Food - Cryovaced meat last longer, the butcher will often do this for you if you ask some might charge a small additional fee.
    - an iceberg lettuce will fit in 2-3 zip lock bags and take less room in the fridge/esky - it stays fresher if you dont use a knife
    - there may be times where lunch can be purchased but please be prepared to have it out and about just incase.
    - be prepared for dinners in case the kiosk is already be closed when we get back to camp.
    - I like having a few packs of wraps with us - they have along shelf life and don't get squashed.
    - Nibblies to share on New Years Eve

Our day trips on the island will be some what be dictated by the tides and how much beach is available to drive on.

Suggest we meet at the national parks office at Rainbow beach @10am. Rainbow Beach Road, Rainbow Beach (80 metres south of the intersection of Rainbow Beach Road and Carlo Road) That way permits can be arranged if still needed they also have Fraser Packs available. We will then head out to inskip point. You may also want to top up fuel at Rainbow Beach.
    You can pay for the barge when you drive on it. There may be a queue to get on.

The first day in a convoy can be slow on an extended as everyone settles in please be patient!

** A soft top is not considered a secure vehichle (especially with roof down or windows out) by Naitonal Parks so you need to consider your rubbish and food storage on day trips - we have had a plastic tub taken from the TJ by a dingo**

Looking forward to a great trip
    Heidi
    Last edited by Heidi; 19-12-16 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks Heidi
    Not many sleeps to go...,!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a lunch box for the JK, should be secure enough and fits on the back seat

I have two large ones for camp as we have nothing secure everything is under canvas! At least the campsite is fenced

Cheers
    Steve

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Public Officer - Member #076

Club Member

Hi guys,

I left it a bit late, but finally got the rest of our arrangements booked in. Not long now, so getting very excited!

We are staying at the Shady Rest Motel on the 27th, so we can join the group on the morning ferry. We are then staying 28th to the 2nd at Cathedrals, before heading back to Sydney (Staying at Caloundra on the 2nd).

Now to work through Heidi's checklist!

Have a great Christmas and look forward to seeing you soon.

Cheers

James

Quote Originally Posted by jamest View Post
    Hi guys,

I left it a bit late, but finally got the rest of our arrangements booked in. Not long now, so getting very excited!

We are staying at the Shady Rest Motel on the 27th, so we can join the group on the morning ferry. We are then staying 28th to the 2nd at Cathedrals, before heading back to Sydney (Staying at Caloundra on the 2nd).

Now to work through Heidi's checklist!

Have a great Christmas and look forward to seeing you soon.

Cheers

James
    We'll see you at the Shady Rest, we hope to get there with plenty of time for Emily to use the pool and to relax a little after all the driving, we'll be coming from Grafton so not too far but have a stop over at Jacobs Well to see family. Hoping to get there mid afternoon.

Cheeers
    Steve
    We

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Worth reading this if you havent seen it yet. Latest Fraser conditions report.

https://www.npsr.qld.gov.au/parks/fr...ons-report.pdf

Today and tomorrow for packing. See everyone on the 28th.

Last edited by Dru; 22-12-16 at 08:41 AM.

I forgot to add Talcom powder works wonders on wiping wet sand of the feet (especially for the kids)

What a great trip Had a bi of an issue with the power steering pump impeller coming off of the shaft it and the pulley mount to, I can pull on the pulley and pull it and the shaft out of the housing so no power steering for half the time on the island and the trip home. Home now though with sore arms but had an awesome time. Checkout the closed facebook club site for some video.

Cheers
    Steve

Just a fanulous trip! Kerry and I were booked a couple of extra days. Left Fraser this morning and toured back to Brisbane via the Cooloolah beach run. Back to Sydney tomorrow.

Will look to get some pics up once back in Sydney.

Thanks to everyone on this journey, great crew and a really enjoyable trip. BIG thumbs up to Heidi, Brian and Izzie for putting it together.

Dru'n'Kerry

Last edited by Dru; 05-01-17 at 03:07 PM.

A few pics.

Awinya Creek Beach (west side)

Awinya Creek

Lake McKenzie

Lake Wabby with sand blow

Sea Eagle on 70 mile Beach

Mannan Beach (north end)

Dingo on Bogimbah Creek mangroves