Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Aid Kits

Default First Aid Kits

What do you carry, what have you used? I have a kit and have added a couple of extra things like Nurofen and Bushmans insect repellent but haven't used much in the kit (luckily), what have you used? Just want to make sure it has most things Ill need, pretty sure it does as it even has baggies for "carrying severed body parts"

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

HOW do you insert pictures? I've got a great first aid kit, but the site doesn't allow me to copy and paste, and the "insert pic" icon above only allows URLs. This has frustrated me for ages!

I have a tackle box full of everything I could think of - and that I don't need a prescription for. Lots of bandages, dressings, tape, saline, antiseptic, pain killers, cold & flu tabs, anti "runs" pills, anti allergy pills, ventolin etc etc. I try to cycle through stuff so it doesn't go out of date.

That said, what gets used most are bandages and splinter probes! I have "given away" a few bandages on trips (never had one returned) and splinters are just a fact of life when camping. Most of the stuff is just in case, and not just for me, I mention that I have a kit and where it is every time I lead a trip

If I remember, I might bring it on Wednesday, or I have a picture on my phone, just can't work out how to 'paste' it here...

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 01-06-16 at 11:09 PM.

I carry Ventolin as well for Em as she uses it occasionally, I should add it to the kit Imodium is a good idea as well.

To add pictures you really need to open a pic hosting account like one on photobucket, we don't host them here as it's not reliable

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Add Stingose and antihistimine (with the Ventolin).
    Tarzan grip (or similar glue) can be used in lieu sutures (getting things dry is tricky though).
    Iodine and anti bacterial hand gel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dru View Post
    Add Stingose and antihistimine (with the Ventolin).
    Tarzan grip (or similar glue) can be used in lieu sutures (getting things dry is tricky though).
    Iodine and anti bacterial hand gel.
    Tarzan grip? Very high risk of infection....Not advisable to do.... Simply use direct pressure on the wound until wound attended or dressed when medical assistance is found........ Imodium for loose bowels, or you can use x2 junket tab's each time you have a soft motion-- It is not a drug but a sweet in real life.. A torch for seeing/locating glass/sand in a cut...... Use to carry stitch cutters and an odd scalpel blade for cutting... Mircopore tape for taping things up.... A basic laymans guide (booklet) to first aide..... No point in guessing what to do..... A syringe (10ml+) or two to help in flushing of a wound/cut......
    JC Member# 094

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

yes, wrong material, try Superglue. To be fair there are dermal glues for the purpose, but its the same stuff.

http://www.realfirstaid.co.uk/superglue/

burn cream. hydralite and phenergan (good for allergies and car sickness)

I like my spray bandaids . Esp for place regular bandaids don't work well.
    I also have an emergency/space blanket in my kit.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Add some "REAL" first aid training!! St John's etc.

Quote Originally Posted by redrubi View Post
    Add some "REAL" first aid training!! St John's etc.
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!