Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JK Exhaust

Visitor

Thanks Dave! Its one (of the many) areas that I haven't looked into

Didn't even think to make any roadkill jokes either lol

Quote Originally Posted by Peo View Post
    Hi All
    I am thinking of upgrading the exhaust but wanted to get some opinions on brands and distributors. The aim is to get a bit more fuel economy but also the sound and aesthetics.

I was looking at something like the Dynomax but cant find it here in Aus and I cant justify the US shipping costs.

http://www.dynomax.com/single-2-5-ca...ffler-696.html

There's always Liverpool Exhausts but I am worried about the workmanship and quality of the system plus I don't want it too loud as it is the daily driver as well.

As you would expect the aim is to keep the price down as much as possible but not to the detriment of quality.

Any help with this is appreciated.
    Piero
    Peo, I can vouch for Liverpool exhausts. I went there for the first time when I needed a muffler replaced on my TJ after years of using Precision Mufflers in Croydon, and admittedly they did a good job for a good price. The instruction I gave them was to put a hi flow muffler on which wasn't noisy, and it came back sounding very similar to stock. Think from memory it was about $100 for the muffler and I had it back in 15 minutes.
    #366. TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Elio S View Post
    Peo, I can vouch for Liverpool exhausts. I went there for the first time when I needed a muffler replaced on my TJ after years of using Precision Mufflers in Croydon, and admittedly they did a good job for a good price. The instruction I gave them was to put a hi flow muffler on which wasn't noisy, and it came back sounding very similar to stock. Think from memory it was about $100 for the muffler and I had it back in 15 minutes.
    Thanks Elio. The price they gave me when I called them was extremely low compared to others. For it to be that low I figure there has to be something wrong but everyone I have spoken to rates them highly.

I guess I'll have to be nice and maybe santa will put it in my stocking.