Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trailers

Hi Steve. Am thinking of purchasing one of these as my current trailer is on it's last legs. Where do you get the hitch to tow one of these from?
    #366. TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle

I borrowed the pintle hook as they are not cheap. I'm swapping the ring on the trailer over to a mchitch as soon as I have the blueslip done. See my JK build thread for a pic of how I'm going to do it.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Quote Originally Posted by Elio S View Post
    Hi Steve. Am thinking of purchasing one of these as my current trailer is on it's last legs. Where do you get the hitch to tow one of these from?
    Elio, I might know where barely used hitch might be for sale when you get interested...let me know.
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

Went to blueslip it today, it got knocked back on a few things but the main one was the lunette (ring) does not have a load rating on it and is not adr stamped. Luckily me nw hitch turns up tomorrow and they blueslip guy was happy with my proposed modification to fit the new hitch. Just bear that in mind as unless you plan to change the hitch you may have troubles at blueslip time. I could of gone somewhere else but I want to change it anyway.

Also needed mudflaps, reflectors and the lights changed as the taillight bucket blocks the indicator when on the left side.

Cheers
    Steve

Hitch turned up today

Cheers
    Steve

Got a piece of 16MM flat bar bent and cut to size in the end. I think it might be overkill but it should do the job Have set it up to lower the hitch a bit as well to level it out some more. I was thinking of puting some side braces on it but I don't think this'll bend as it is, probably still brace it anyway

Cheers
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
    Got a piece of 16MM flat bar bent and cut to size in the end. I think it might be overkill but it should do the job Have set it up to lower the hitch a bit as well to level it out some more. I was thinking of puting some side braces on it but I don't think this'll bend as it is, probably still brace it anyway

Cheers
    Steve
    Looks good Steve,

My thoughts exactly, I would still be bracing it.
    Should be more than strong enough, however remember the corrugations up the Cape. They can snap anything......
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

A ply template, some careful drilling and it all lines up Trailer sits level, rear door and tyre clears everything, can't ask for more. Tomorrow some welding of the side braces and the hitch is done.

Cheers
    Steve

Visitor

Went to the smallish caravan and camping show last week and they had a stand with offroad utility trailers. They have metal framing and tough plastic bodies with covers. The fellow will be contacting the club to arrange a show and talk about their products.

Cheers Rob

Quote Originally Posted by uncaged123 View Post
    Went to the smallish caravan and camping show last week and they had a stand with offroad utility trailers. They have metal framing and tough plastic bodies with covers. The fellow will be contacting the club to arrange a show and talk about their products.

Cheers Rob
    If they are pod trailers they are pretty cool, out of my price range though, start at around 12k for the extreme offroad or 5.5k for the all roada (which is pretty much identical to my trailer in size and weight just not as deep but has a hard top).

Cheers
    Steve