Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Victoria High Country "Unfinished Business" first week of January 2017

Hey Dave,

I'm gonna have to pull out sorry, I'm busy now over New Years and won't be able to make it down south in time. Hopefully you all have a great trip, and fingers crossed I'll get to do the tracks another time.

Cheers,

Will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Will98 View Post
    Hey Dave,

I'm gonna have to pull out sorry, I'm busy now over New Years and won't be able to make it down south in time. Hopefully you all have a great trip, and fingers crossed I'll get to do the tracks another time.

Cheers,

Will

No worries Will, I was almost 'out' for a while there too! Hope to catch up at the Christmas Party, and hope the HSCs are going really well!!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    No worries Will, I was almost 'out' for a while there too! Hope to catch up at the Christmas Party, and hope the HSCs are going really well!!

Dave
    Yeah I was sorry to hear about the KJ but the new jeep looks great! Yeah hopefully see you there, going fairly well so far, still a few to go though!

Visitor

Hi Will, all the best for your exams. Next we may see you studying with a uni course.

Cheers Rob

Quote Originally Posted by uncaged123 View Post
    Hi Will, all the best for your exams. Next we may see you studying with a uni course.

Cheers Rob
    Hey Rob, thanks! Yeah I'll be at uni soon enough, might have a gap year first, so I can jeep every weekend

Will

Bit more of an update on where we will stay on the trip around

Dargo Hotel is happy to let us camp behind the pub for two nights - which means access to showers and the pub! We can look at the campsites out of town, but this is a good option for a small cover charge for the nights of 5 and 6 January. No bookings needed.

Omeo Caravan Park is expecting us on 7 January, again no booking needed, we just show up.

9 January was the tricky one. I looked at some caravan parks and national park campgrounds on the coast near Merimbula and Pambula. They are all fully booked and expensive!

So I rang the far south coast national parks office. They suggested Six Mile Creek campground on Tantawangalo Mountain Road in the forest heading northeast from Bombala. No bookings or fees, but it is pretty small.

Another website mentioned another camp called Postmans, which is larger, 5km up Postmans 4wd Track which is a turn off from Tantawangalo Mountain Road 7km west of (before) Six Mile Creek (Postmans Track at roughly 36045'40"S 149031'16"E).

So I reckon we stay inland and do just a bit more dirt on the way back to the coast, before heading home.

As long as my chauffeur is happy with the idea

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 06-11-16 at 06:33 PM.

Hi All,

Little bit more organising;

Does anyone else want to meet at Gundagai on the night of Sunday 1 January and split the drive?

I originally said we would meet at Nug Nug Reserve 14km South of Myrtleford on Buffalo River Road for our first night camp on Monday 2 January. But if anyone wants to meet on New Years Day at Gundagai River Caravan Park, Middleton Drive, Gundagai (02) 6944 1702, then let me know and I’ll call them. I have booked one site for Greg and myself - $25 per night for 2 people, and they have more space available!

We have 8 definite Jeeps, Dieselcon and Darksidecustoms are still maybes. Is everyone still coming?

Hope to hear from you,

Dave

Extra list - camping in Gundagai on 1 January on the way to Victoria. I have called them and reserved three sites (so far). Gundagai River Caravan Park, Middleton Drive, Gundagai (02) 6944 1702

1. Greg and Dave
    2. RobS
    3. Wayne and Julie
    Last edited by Dave; 13-11-16 at 12:29 PM.

Hi All,

Unfortunately we are down to 7 definites and 2 maybes. Kev sent an email to say he had to pull out, which is a shame as he didn't get to finish the last trip either.

When I say 7 definites, I hope that is still true. I have only heard from Greg, Rob, Wayne and Julie since the last post. I'll send another email around soon because next Monday is just 5 weeks until we all meet in Victoria!

Looking forward to it!

Dave

Hi All,

5 weeks today there will be three Jeeps at Gundagai River Caravan Park, and 5 weeks tomorrow hopefully at least 7 Jeeps at Nug Nug Reserve.

I only heard back from Greg, Wayne & Julie, Rob and Kev after my email a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully everyone else is still coming? Also haven’t heard from our two maybes, Jose - Dieselcon and Nash – Darksidecustoms, are you guys still interested??

I have emailed a Registration Form including slightly better maps of Gundagai and Nug Nug. If you wouldn’t mind filling out who is coming and an emergency contact just in case and emailing back would be fine. Then I’ll know

Hope to hear from you soon, maybe see you at the December meeting on the 7th, or the Christmas Party on the 17th, or at Gundagai on 1st Jan, or Nug Nug with full fuel on the 2nd!

All the best,
    Dave