Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wheeny Creek Saturday 20/08/2016

Visitor

Steve, do you think my jku will handle the grading of this trip. The last trip I did with Dru where your steering came adrift was a little difficult over that one step.

Cheers Rob

Quote Originally Posted by uncaged123 View Post
    Steve, do you think my jku will handle the grading of this trip. The last trip I did with Dru where your steering came adrift was a little difficult over that one step.

Cheers Rob
    Hi Rob,
    There is one short climb which some rigs may need to be winched or snatched up, mainly due to being a bit rutted by constant driving on. Have only been there twice myself so not all that familiar with all areas there. The track is approx. 12.2km's with 6 to 8 climbs or descents depending which way you are travelling of course but each has to done twice anyway. Harder than Mt. Airly but you can break on any grade track as I well know. I am hoping to do a mid-week day or evening run there before this run to get a better feeling for the track/climbs etc. As they say, your Jeep can do it, but are you ready for it...Lol....
    Last edited by stevet; 18-08-16 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Distance and Hardness
    JC Member# 094

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
    Add me as well

Do you think a Renegade Trailhawk could have some fun out there, with a video crew etc

Cheers
    Steve
    Hi Steve,
    I have not seen a Renegade Trailhawk at all off road so I could not make a reasonable comment either way about their off road ability but I did see the short video of one doing the Rubicon Trail when it was released.....
    JC Member# 094

Apologies Steve, I'm already out. Apparently I have a horse racing day and charity auction at Rose Hill then...
    It is not he who gives abuse that affronts, but the view that we take of it as insulting; so that when one provokes you it is your own opinion which is provoking.<br /><br />–Epictetus

Visitor

Wheeny has changed a lot. You will have damage as all the chicken tracks are no longer chicken tracks. And the steps have all gotten bigger due to big trucks chopping up all the lines. One of the last sections in almost impassable unless you have big lift and big tyres and lockers. Good luck to you all.

Visitor

Sounds like fun, I'm hoping it's not too bad as I'm planning on using this trip as a bit of a shake down for my new to me rig.

Im out. Too many things on now One day I'll get there.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Visitor

Steve, looks like only 2 or 3 vehicles will be going. When were you thinking of doing a reccie? I may join you if it not between 11-14/8. If you don't mind me tagging along.

Cheers Rob

Quote Originally Posted by uncaged123 View Post
    Steve, looks like only 2 or 3 vehicles will be going. When were you thinking of doing a reccie? I may join you if it not between 11-14/8. If you don't mind me tagging along.

Cheers Rob
    Hi Rob,
    Hoping to do a reccie either Thursday 11 or Friday 12th/08.... Just need to sort some minor things with the TJ before then............
    JC Member# 094

Visitor

Steve, sorry can't join you on the reccie. Going on a sampler cruise of 4 days from11/8. Could do it the next week. Please let me know what condition the track is in and whether I'm likely to suffer any damages. Need to have my jeep good for the border trip coming up.

Cheers RobS