Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Watagans C Grade 22-10-16

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Please text if you wish to drop out - thats all good. Ian, suggest you think about it, the trip up at leadt will be miserable in the Wllys.

Weather update!

yes its been pissing down for hours. BOM has REMOVED severe thunderstorm warnings in Act and NSW. There is a remaining belt of storm that runs from Mudgee through to Wyong.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR041.loop.shtml#skip

i dont pretend to be a weather expert but this looks to me like its moving through relatively early in the day. Rain should back off after that.

We have a risk of trees down (risk of not being able to get in to spots) but if winds are dropping as predicted not much risk of them falling behind us and locking us in (risk of having trouble getting out).

We've swapped our entry point -was to be near CPT80, now to be at Cut Rock - to avoid a big puddle which could be deep right now. We may avoid some "off piste" if this looks adviseable.

otherwise we'll meet up as planned.

Dru'n'Kerry

Visitor

We came out via the puddle on Prickly ridge on Sundsy Dru.
    Was kneeish deep.Seems to have been some earth works done on the farm side.Always use to be able tip toe around the edge of it , not so now.

Another enjoyable trip - thanks Dru,nKerry, and it wasn't as wet as it might have been.
    Good to meet some new faces too, now if only I can remember the names....
    Cheers, Ian W.

Visitor

Thanks Dru n Kerry, it was a lovely trip, had lots of fun.
    Came home and found my jeans had big stains of blood and my right leg was bleeding from two places and some dead sticky stuff, looks like two leaches got drunk and died 😂😂

Sent from my S960 using Tapatalk

Visitor

Thanks Dru n Kerry! We had an awesome time

Will definitely be attending more trips and hopefully some club meetings too!

Secretary

Thanks for a great day Dru and Kerry. Really appreciate the prep and research you do for these trips.

Here's a Dropbox link to some pics from the day.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/7khku562t...M7FMQwfMFGsWEa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great trip! Kerry did a great job trip leading and as navigator I only got lost twice. Or thrice. Or something. Not much anyway! (Its my story and I'm sticking to it.)

Hey team, good day. Rain dropped away in wonderful obedience to MetEye. The Farrells were way more "overgrown" with shrubs down etc, but otherwise the trip was much as advertised.

First time EVER Kerry and I have done a whole trip in the Watagans without being confronted by motorbikes.

Special thanks to TEC (Tail End Charlie) Rich Henning. Rich has a history with us in this forest and we really appreciate your work Richard!

Thanks to everyone who joined us, especially in weather conditions, though not so bad in the flesh, were sounding pretty poor the night before. Let alone the cats and dogs rain as we were all leaving Sydney.

cheers

Dru'n'Kerry

Too much of a PITA struggling with Photobucket to drop pics here. Will drop a couple into the SJC Facebook page. Rich, will sreal a couple of yours too.

https://www.facebook.com/SydneyJeepC...765821148694:0

Dru
    Last edited by Dru; 23-10-16 at 09:26 AM.