Thread: So I bought a Jeep.

Default So I bought a Jeep.

I got my Jeep a week back and love it. Got a new JKU Petrol in rhino color. Fitted an ARB delux bulbar and warn winch.
    Just out of curiosity, I don't think that I will need my soft top or original radio. But not sure what's it worth. Any idea?

Cheers
    Jean

Soft top - not sure but you can check eBay. People with an older model JK might want to upgrade to yours with tinted windows, etc.
    Radio if the standard one without GPS, multimedia, etc. not worth much, if a myGig with touchscreen and the like you'd likely find some buyers for a decent price :-)

Welcome :-)
    Is yours a short wheelbase? If so Mohawk (Nick) was looking for one a soft top a little while ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Nash, but I found one for my 2008 Shorty.

Hi Jean
    When I was looking, people we're asking anywhere from $300 to $600. Mine's a 2014 new in box, and I snapped it up for less than that. Your top may be worth more since it's sized for the unlimited. When comparing yours to others available, remember that 2013 or newer tops are designed better than older models, which didn't have the sunrider feature.

You can also tell potential buyers that your top will fit any MY JK with 4 doors.

Cheers,
    Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sunrider was available on the early models as well, I think it was only the Rubicon though. I have 2 tops and both have it. I bought my 2nd for $80 as I wanted the tinted windows it had.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

As an aside, don't sell the top until you've tried it, nothing like driving the Jeep topless

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Hi all! Thanks for the info. Its a 4 door. Not sure if I wil ever use it. Live in a cold part of nsw and have a baby. If I can get $500 for it I will let it go but otherwise I will keep it.