Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip 2 Wattagans C grade 29-10-16

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Default Trip 2 Wattagans C grade 29-10-16

Due to popular demand we will re-run the the Wattagans trip over a second Saturday. The original trip notes are here: http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/showth...Grade-22-10-16

We can't avoid branches on this one. We do avoid the known overgrown tracks like "Borneo" (our name, I'm sure you can guess why). And we avoid all the bog hole "challenge" tracks. But you can't avoid mud at the Watagans. We remain completely comfortable that stock jeeps are completely comfortably fine for this trip.

Here is a novelty - Dru'n'Kerry doing a C grade! What is the world coming to!! It is a bit of a "what is where" tour of the Watagans with a focus on the day on easy cruising to pretty spots. We also cruise past some more challenging tracks. If you want to find out where they are, this trip may help!

General: Consider this an introduction to the main access routes through the 4WD playground north of Sydney. Kerry and I have been gradually adding interesting off-piste bits, so I hope it's fun for everyone.

Note, the wet weather and trail damage reported out west isn't replicated in this area. The main trails are graded but rarely, corrugations are not comfortable so you will want to air down. Update - if anything the bogs and puddles are as low as we have ever seen them. Great time to visit the Watagans.

Where: Wattagans

When:
    Saturday 29th October 2016

Meet:
    M1 Motorway services travelling North, just past Wyong. On Google it's called F3 Wyong North bound (Twin Servos). There is a Macca and a healthy fast food as well.

Time:
    8:00 am for 8:30 departure. Please be fueled and fed.

Grade:
    C Grade - easy.

Generally graded trails. Most of the route on our Navigation tool shows speeds of 20 km/h. Not a lot of low range though we might add a couple of "off piste" alternates - just because we can. Generally the track conditions are similar to Black Fellows Hand Trail in Newnes.

The Watagans are famous for mud. Not much I can do about that but we are carefully avoiding all known bog hole challenges, I just can't guarantee you wont need to wash your Jeep afterwards. Likewise for overgrown scratchy bushes - we are avoiding all known scratchy tracks, just can't guarantee it. Wave Rock entry may have some small wet spots and some branches, still C grade and definitely worth it.

Requirements:
    Radio, food/drink of choice, camera. Full fuel tank. If you have recovery gear please pack it - no need to race out and purchase if you don't have any yet. Stock jeeps are fine. RE Radio - convoy communications are a must. We have a hand held UHF which we use for spotting which can be used, but we really need everyone on the club Channel. See what you can do to help us out.

This run is limited to: 10

Attending:

1. dru: Dru'n'Kerry: JK
    2. isherz: John and Di; JK
    3. Nev'nAnna: Nev and Anna; TJ
    4. Qaanita: Qaanita, JK
    5. RichHenning: Rich; JKU
    6. BlueJKU: Dave; JKU
    7. Andrigo Muller Wrangler
    8. Daniel Djuracic; WK2 Grand Cherokee
    9. crdsteve: Steve; JKU

Reserve list

Dru'n'Kerry
    Last edited by Dru; 28-10-16 at 04:12 PM.

Visitor

Hi Dru. Can you put us down for this one and take us off reserves for first trip (22nd) please? 29th works better for us!

Cheers, Amy & Ben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Dru
    Di and I would like to join you please add us. Thank you for the 29th. John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visitor

Default Trip 2 Wattagans C grade 29-10-16

Seems my phone is sending double posts - apologies

Hi Dru per SMS I sent you yesterday, my wife Anna and I are newbies who met a few guys Brian, Sam Jolly and from SJC at the 4WD show yesterday. We have a TJ with 31's, 2" lift, no snatch strap or UHF radio at this stage but would love to join you on the 2nd run (29 October). Cheers, Neville

OK trip notes updated.

@Ben - all good and updated, it'll be good to catch up out on the tracks again.
    @John - done! We'll make sure we point out the C+ and B grade stuff that we pass. You could get some good info to plug in to your nav tool on this trip.
    @Kevin - done! You really do need a radio though. We will have a spare hand held, but if you get a chance you should ideally pick up a hand held of your own. Convoy communications are a must - BUT we WILL have a spare. You are OK without snatch etc on this C grade. There is always a remote chance that some "help" might be required but we have gear that can be put to the task.

Hi Dru,
    Yes, confirming Steve and Lisa for this one (as per No.5 on current list), please

Thanks Steve and Lisa!

Yes please! Count me in for the 29th thank you

Dru/Kerry,
    Please add me to the run...May not be back on the road by then but fingers crossed... Will advise you as soon as I can...........
    JC Member# 094