Thread: Cleaning soft top windows

Default Cleaning soft top windows

Hey SJC,

We swapped the hard top out for the soft top this week. Bring on the warmer weather! But... We found out the hard way that our garage ceiling had a slow leak, and water and dust pooled all over one of the windows we stored on a high shelf.

What products would you recommend for cleaning the soft top and windows, along with any tips and tricks?

My googling has so far turned up recommendations for products that I can't find in Sydney. I've also seen recommendations to dry them with terry cloth, which in my experience leaves threads all over the window.

I'd like to hear what you guys do to keep yours in great shape, and any suggestions on how to store your windows when they're not on the jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Nick,
    We use bestop cleaner they have a range of products for soft tops through Soft Tops Online info@softtopsonline.com.au or you could call them on 1800 028 822
    the company is in Hamilton NSW. If you talk to Domanic tell him you are in the SJC he may give you discount, tell him Charlene says Hi.
    Hope this helps Cheers Charl and Andy

I'll look them up. Thanks for the recommendation!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah mine are clear windows and are cloudy i tried everything to clean them up, lucky i usually have top down when i have soft top on

Soapy water then a product called FW1 Cleaning Wax.... It's a waterless cleaning product... You see them flogging it in carparks around different shopping centers.... It also helps repell/bead water of the windows as well.... Can be used on paint work and glass as well... Web link - www.fw1.com.au....... Not cheap... But do not buy their mirco cleaning cloth's as I got a 1kg bag of the same cloths from BigW for $10.00..... I can actually see out of the tinted windows after I use it.......
    JC Member# 094

+1 for Bestop soft top cleaning product, also purchased through soft tops online who sponsored Jambo so 100% get around them