Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: C Grade - Waterfall Track 3rd December

Default C Grade - Waterfall Track 3rd December

Hey guys, thought it's about time I run my first trip for the club. This is a trip that was run at Jambo last year and is out in the forest towards Jenolan Caves.

I've driven this track half a dozen times, but it has been a while since I last drove it, and some of it was graded last time. I'm going to reccie it later this week and will update the trip with any changes to difficulty or time.

Update:
    I went out and reccie'd the track today; thankfully it was open as there are other closures in the area. The first section that is usually graded hasn't been done too recently but is still in good condition. After that the first section of the Mini Mini fire trail appears to be slightly more rutted than last time (and somehow the trees seems closer). The trees largely posed no issue with mirrors folded in, but one off camber section did see my roof bump into a tree, but nothing serious. No other issues until the pinch point on the final climb to Gibraltar Rock; which I'm going to call Supercharger Hill (after Steve ), here too the rain has rutted things a bit more but nothing that should pose any real problems, just make things more fun . The rest of the loop back round was fine apart from overgrown bushes (so expect the odd pinstripe).

I'm still happy to call this a 'C', and the vehicle requirements are unchanged.

Any questions about the track or vehicle suitability feel free to message or call me.

Where: Jenolan State Forest

When: 3rd December

Meet: Shell Bowenfels (Cnr Magpie Hollow Rd & Great Western Hwy)

Time: 9:00AM for 9:30AM Departure, hope to be back at the shell around 3:00PM

Grade: C, C+ Pinch Point

Most of the trail is quite easy and poses no trouble for clearance, however there is a pinch point on the final climb to Gibraltar Rock which is easier with extra clearance. A stock JK will make it, but Cherokees and such with slight modification have been up (albeit with some winching or snatching).

Description:
    This trail is great fun! We head from Lithgow out towards Jenolan Caves, and after about 30min on bitumen turn off onto Black Range Rd. Stop briefly to air down as the trail, whilst easy, is bumpy. We follow the road down until it turns off left down towards a river. After crossing we climb again up to the Mini Mini Fire Trail, which is the loop we follow. (Up to the turn to Mini Mini was graded last time I was there, but that was several months ago). We then wind through the forest until we reach Gibraltar Rock, which has a great view over the valley (can see the Hydro Majestic). We weave down through a tight section on the Gibraltar Rock Fire Trail and come back to the turnoff onto the Mini Mini. We then follow the same road back out to Black Range Rd and head back to air up, and then back home.

Requirements:
    Recovery points front and rear. Recovery Kit. Fairly easy so a stock JK will make it with little trouble, anything with less clearance (Grand Cherokees etc.) will need a 2inch lift and slightly bigger tyres. Food and drinks of choice, camera etc., radio and aeroguard.

Recommended (but not required):
    Slight lift, sliders, and 32inch+ ATs or MTs will make life easier.

Numbers: 12 (including myself)

Attending:
    1. Will @ Will98; JK
    2. Dusan @ Easy77; JKU
    3. Rich @ richhenning; JKU
    4. Dennis @ jk_menace; JKU
    5. Teshie @ Teshie; JKU
    6. Steve C & Lisa @ Steve x; JK
    7. Daniel @ daniel.djuracic; WK2
    Last edited by Will98; 02-12-16 at 10:07 PM.

Visitor

yes, would like to do this.

Dusan

Secretary

I would like to join please Will, thanks

Visitor

Slot us in buddy.
    Cheers Will.

Hi Will,

Can you count me in? I'm in a TJ

Cheers
    Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visitor

Please put my name down for this trip

Club Member

Please count us in. Thanks.

Update:
    I reccie'd the track today and have updated the original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to attend, depending on my roster which will be out shortly.........
    JC Member# 094

Will, confirming that I will attend the run...... Cheers..........
    JC Member# 094