Thread: JK Sahara Scratched flares

Default JK Sahara Scratched flares

I've made a deep scratch on one of the coloured flares on my overland/sahara. What is the best way to fix it?

Are the coloured flares painted? If so, can you just fill the scratch and respray it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Visitor

As it probably painted, there are mobile touch-up operators you could enquire with.

Next question: Are you planning on doing offroad driving? If so why don't you consider replacing your current flares with one of the after market type, in a style which suit your jeep. Such as ruggered ridge.

Cheers RobS

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Wouldnt be a Sahara without the colour matched flares. Still its not a Rubicon without a Rubicon sticker (which we lost with the replacement hood).

Mate, the flares, I'm pretty sure, are standard Wrangler plastic/rubber - painted. I reckon polyester fill then spray would work fine.

Wouldnt work for me. We have stopped treating the flares as sacrificial but I seem to not be able to avoid scratching the hell out of them. Or breaking them into bits. Same - same. In natural rubber/plastic, you use a bit of armorall and (pretend) they're as good as new!

Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Dru ('n'Kerry - the Kerry bit might not quite buy my story line).

Quote Originally Posted by Dru View Post
    Still its not a Rubicon without a Rubicon sticker (which we lost with the replacement hood).
    Dealership added my stickers free of charge after my hood replacement. Might be worth checking in to see if there is a generous soul willing to cough them up, plus stickers make it go faster.

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peo View Post
    Dealership added my stickers free of charge after my hood replacement. Might be worth checking in to see if there is a generous soul willing to cough them up, plus stickers make it go faster.
    LOL our jeep is about a lot of things, but FAST is not on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Peo View Post
    Have you seen what the dealerships want for their stickers?!?! I priced the TJ Golden Eagle stickers for mine and they wanted $250 each for the round ones on the guard and $175 each for the Golden Eagle stickers on the bonnet. And that was trade price :-(
    That's almost $1000 in stickers. Needless to say, the stickers are still at the dealership lol
    #366. TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle