Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cape York Sept / Oct 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Dru View Post
    "LET'S DO IT!" says Kerry. Put us on the list Dave, I'll work out how to sort holidays next year.

Woo hoo, great news, thanks! I'll email the itinerary this evening from home

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 14-12-16 at 09:30 AM.

Visitor

Ah finally! Been waiting for this to pop up! Can you pls put me down as a maybe

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Dave - from your email itinerary and information "you know how much fuel your vehicle uses!". How about this?

Dave - from your email itinerary and information "you know how much fuel your vehicle uses!". How about this?
    Ouch! Think you had better bring a push bike in case of emergency

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

It all just depends on the terrain. That was 6 hours of low range with plenty of recovery style situations, probably a bit of idle, and only a small number of k's.

I would be interested in hearing from JKs on the last Cape trip about the sort of consumption they experienced.

It all just depends on the terrain. That was 6 hours of low range with plenty of recovery style situations, probably a bit of idle, and only a small number of k's.

I would be interested in hearing from JKs on the last Cape trip about the sort of consumption they experienced.
    My XJ used more than my JK does (at least in general driving) and we were loaded to the roof (and beyond), with 120lt tank I just filled up when everyone else did and had no issues (could of even skipped an odd fuel stop no problems), there isn't as much low range as you might think so economy won't be too bad. Pretty sure I was around 18lt/100. In saying that even a day flogging it up dunes on Stockton never saw me as bad as you got above!!!!

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Had a bit more interest at the February Club Meeting and handed out a couple more itineraries. If anyone else is keen to come, let me know and I'll add you to the list.

I've spoken to National Parks in Qld. We plan to stay three nights in 'bookings required' Nat Park campsites - Kalpowar and Elliot Falls on the way North, and Chilli Beach heading back South.

Qld Parks requires bookings in advance and suggested that a group like ours should book 6 months in advance, especially for Elliot Falls. So we will need to have 'final' numbers in April, and I'll get a small deposit from everyone - about $20 - so I can make the three bookings. Their website still quotes the 2016 price of $6.15 per person per night.

There will be other bookings that I'll let you know about closer to time - once I have made calls to our other destinations

Already starting to wish the year away...

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Count me in - highly likely i’ll be towing as the family will be joining.

Looking forward to the trip.

Cheers,

Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by MY14JK View Post
    Thanks Dave,

Count me in - highly likely i'll be towing as the family will be joining.

Looking forward to the trip.

Cheers,

Kevin.
    Brilliant! As long as the trailer can handle corrugations you should be fine! We had an Ultimate Camper in the convoy in 2011 in it had no probs - although the owner was in charge of nibbles most nights so...

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 08-02-17 at 07:40 PM.

Visitor

Hi Dave, please change me to a definate starter. Personal issue are improving and allowing me availibilty to get back out on the track again.

Cheers Rob