Thread: JK Electrical issues

Default JK Electrical issues

Got home today after work, missus said the jeep is doing wierd things, the wipers run as soon as you turn on the ignition and can't turn them off, and the blinkers don't work at all.

I checked al the fuses, all good.

Disconnected the battery thinking it may reset someting, no change.

The bas and traction co trol lights are on, and have been commi g for about a week.

Rang the jeep dealer inBathurst as I've got it booked in for tne clock spring recall, they said it may be something to do with clock spring as it linked to the bas and traction control?

Has a yone experienced this or know of it?

Andrew

Hi Andrew my JK had some issues like that the other day, cruise control turned off, warning lights flashed for a second and went away. It's happened about 5 times now. I haven't found anything and the dealer hasn't answered yet. Maybe it's the same issue. I haven't seen any recalls on it yet thou.
    When I find out I'll post.
    Cheers Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I drove to Bathurst for the clock spring recall, removed the fuse for the wipers as I couldn't turn them off.
    Told the dealer about the electrical issues from yesterday, they had the vehicle for 4 hrs, they plugged in their scan tool and reset a couple of error codes to do with the bas/traction control, and found a blown fuse for the rear wiper, now everything works again as normal??

They couldn't explain.

a week later and no more issues, hopefully it stays that way.