Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Conditioning water leaking into passenger side of cabin 2002 KJ cherokee

Visitor

Default Air Conditioning water leaking into passenger side of cabin 2002 KJ cherokee

I have a heap of water on the from passenger floor(no rain) so I suspect it is coming from the air conditioner drain. Anyone tell me where the drain is located and can it be unblocked or renewed without having to pull half the car to pieces to get to it. Thanks.

I was just reading an article on that very problem on zj grand Cherokee basically it emptied out behind firewall and was fixed by extending the pipe ill look for it but it'd properly not relevant.

heres something, I found hope it helps

http://www.2carpros.com/questions/je...passenger-side

HVAC DRAIN WATER LEAKS INSIDE VEHICLE AND UNDER PASSENGER SIDE FRONT CARPET
    TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
    Reference Number(s): 24-003-05, Date of Issue: February 04, 2005

CHRYSLER 2002 (KJ) Liberty (Domestic Market)
    CHRYSLER 2002 (KJ) Cherokee (International Market)
    CHRYSLER 1997-**2005** (TJ) Wrangler
    GROUP: Heating & A/C

Related Ref Number(s): 24-003-05, 24-007-03, 24-012-01
    ARTICLE BEGINNING
    SUBJECT
    NOTE: THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 24-007-03, DATED AUGUST 15, 2003, WHICH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM YOUR FILES. ALL REVISIONS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISKS** AND INCLUDE CHANGES TO THE TJ MODEL YEARS AND TO THE PART REQUIRED.
    HVAC Drain Water Leaks Inside Vehicle And Under Passenger Side Front Carpet
    OVERVIEW
    This bulletin involves installing a HVAC drain hose.
    MODELS
    MODELS
    Year Model Code Model
    2002 (KJ) Liberty (Domestic Market)
    2002 (KJ) Cherokee (International Market)
    1997-**2005** (TJ) Wrangler
    NOTE: This bulletin applies to LHD Liberty vehicles built prior to August 10, 2001 (MDH 0810XX), and to Wrangler vehicles built prior to March 01, 2005 (MDH 0301XX).
    SYMPTOM/CONDITION
    The customer may experience a wet front passenger floor or floor carpet. This condition may occur due to water (A/C condensate) from the HVAC assembly drain tube. As A/C condensate leaves the HVAC drain tube, it may run back along the outside of the HVAC drain tube, enter the passenger compartment, and run under the front floor carpet on the passenger side. This condition may occur most often while the vehicle is being driven.
    DIAGNOSIS
    Inspect for the source of the water leak. Determine if the passenger side of the front floor carpet is wet because of air conditioning condensate from the HVAC drain tube. Inspect the HVAC assembly drain tube for the presence of a drain hose. If a HVAC assembly drain hose is not present, and the A/C condensate from the drain tube is the cause of the water leak, then perform the Repair Procedure.
    PARTS REQUIRED
    PARTS REQUIRED
    Qty. Part No. Description
    1 55037651AA **Hose, HVAC Drain (KJ)**
    1 56000724AB **Hose, HVAC Drain (TJ)**
    1 NPN Strap, Tie
    REPAIR PROCEDURE
    1. Inspect the HVAC drain tube. Clean out any debris or other restrictions in the drain.
    2. Install a HVAC drain hose onto the HVAC drain tube. Once assembled to the HVAC drain tube, make sure the open end of the drain hose is facing towards the ground.
    3. Install a tie strap around the drain hose to secure the hose to the HVAC drain tube.
    NOTE: Inform the customer to regularly inspect the new HVAC drain hose for debris, especially when off-road driving is performed.
    POLICY
    Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.
    TIME ALLOWANCE
    TIME ALLOWANCE
    Labor Operation No: Description Amount
    24-65-03-97 Replace Condensate Drain Tube 0.2 Hrs.
    FAILURE CODE
    FAILURE CODE
    CODE DESCRIPTION
    P8 New Part
    Last edited by Wolfe; 29-03-13 at 12:54 AM.

Visitor

Default Many thanks

Thanks to those who replied. I think I should be able to fix this one.

Visitor

Default Problem solved

We ended up having to vacum out the discharge pipe at the firewall. Poking a wire in didn't help. We added some silicon tube and cut it off just before it appears below axel level to ensure the water drops out of the engine bay, securing the tube to the A/C outlet with a tie wire and an extra one furtherdown the silicon tube so it will not move around. Thanks for the input and thanks to my brother John who always seems to have some sort of answer to these questions. He uses tie wires for everything.

PS if you ever need an oxygen sensor my brother can get probably get them at the best price.

Quote Originally Posted by jtg1231 View Post

PS if you ever need an oxygen sensor my brother can get probably get them at the best price.
    Who through?? $$?
    98 ZJ Grand Cherokee(Lightly Modded), 84 CJ8, 74 CJ6,
    Lord Help me I'm in to Jeep!!!!

Yeh I remember doing this to my cousins 03 KJ using garden hose, track repairs while offroading.

Visitor

Default Who through??

Quote Originally Posted by Hunno View Post
    Who through?? $$?
    He just searches them out. He seems to know who when he needs to.