Thread: Exhaust Shop Recommendations

Default Exhaust Shop Recommendations

Hey clubbers,

Turns out I need to have my muffler replaced & relocated, on the double. A couple previous threads on here have recommended Liverpool Exhaust, but I'm just wondering if anyone has more recent recommendations. The shop must be able to do custom work, as the muffler must be moved to a non-stock location.

I hope to have this dealt with before Sunday's training day.

Help! Thanks!
    Nick

Hi Nick,
    You could try Performance Exhaust Centre, 6b/23-25 Windsor Road Northmead, 2125, Ph. No. 9683-5688.......... Hakan (Hak) has done some work before for me on an ZJ and another TJ and his work has been tops..... I have also purchased some exhaust headers for my current TJ from Liverpool Exhaust but had Eddie and Avi do the fitting for me, so can not comment on their workmanship.....
    JC Member# 094

Thanks Steve. I was probably dropping my Jeep at Liverpool Exhaust as you wrote that recommendation.

I'll let you know what I think of their service when I get it back.

Happy to have this thread here for other exhaust / muffler suggestions because many are buried in build threads etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have used Precision Mufflers in Croydon for the past odd 30 years. His work has always been top notch and well priced. I used Liverpool exhausts once when I first bought my TJ (because they are less than 5 minutes away from my place) to replace a smashed up muffler the previous owner had damaged. Their prices are good too, but this muffler has cracked all the way around the weld on the rear exhaust flange only a couple of months after fitting, and the tj sounds like crap. Might be a one off thing, but have never had these problems at Precision Mufflers
    #366. TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle

Update: Liverpool Exhaust was great. They were able to help us at the drop of a hat, and we had a full stainless steel cat back system custom fitted and ceramic coated for a price I was pretty happy about.

On top of that, when it was finished and returned to us I asked them to position the muffler higher up, and they made the change without any fuss. I had the Jeep off road two days later as part of the club training day – it performed as expected, and acquired no scratches or dents despite my best efforts to the contrary.

Cheers,
    Nick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk