Thread: Has anyone replaced the stereo in a 2009 JK Wrangler?

Visitor

Default Has anyone replaced the stereo in a 2009 JK Wrangler?

I've been looking at upgrading my stereo to something with navigation and bluetooth. I was looking at the Uconnect 430n model to keep with the original look and feel but I have had numerous dealers attempt to steer me away from it due to the cost. I've found a few much cheaper online and from wreckers but I have also read on a few sites that this model is for 2011-2017 model Wranglers but none that specify if that means it is actually not compatible for the 2009 model or why. Have any of you upgraded with another brand and if so any opinions or recommendations?

P.S. I have posted this in both the Technicalities and Yiketty-Yiketty-Yak Forums as I
    didn't know where it was better suited.

I have the 430n factory fitted when I bought the car. I find myself using my phone to navigate more often than not as it is my phone has a more up to date map and better traffic management. If I could do it again I would go aftermarket that can be updated regularly or just stick with the standard and keep using my phone.

Visitor

I fitted a Pioneer nav/apple play unit into my 2010. Same car as yours, not hard.