Thread: Killie Loop B Grade 1.4.17

We r in
    Sorry for late reply
    Works been busy see you tomorrow
    John n Di

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will be there

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Final weather report Sat morning - all as predicted. Rain with sunny spells. Rain is low probability and nominal (0 to 0.4mm) if there is any. Light wind. No thunderstorms predicted, nor on radar.

see you all at the meet up point at the F3 services.

Dru'n'Kerry

Made it out
    Plenty of good areas to play in on that trail as well

Visitor

Pics or t didn't happen

Lost one CA, electrics we think in another, and a clutch. All safe and back on bitumen.
    (Though two with a slow trip back to Sydney with NRMA.)

The main down side being that the Killingworth pub is closed. For, hmm 40 years apparently. Settling down to rugby and beer right now.

pics tomorrow.

Question

I'm giving up attempting to put up vids here, just too complex and we are having internet problems (bloody NBN).

I have managed to load the only three stills we took.

Anyway, it was a glorious day, full of sunshine. The Triple Diamond club was also out on the trail, though I suspect they may not have taken the lines that this adventurous bunch of jeepers did!

At the half way point Aaron somehow had a CA come apart, stripped the thread at the adjustment and pulled out. Re-built on the trail but not confident it wouldnt pull out again, so cut out on the halfway exit road.

Track was somewhat washed out, though most bogs were not as deep as usual. Most not all! With the washing out and the deeper bogs I cant call the trail "softer side" of B grade anymore.

Di did walk the creek which was appreciated by all.

The four vehicles who were left all managed to get stranded in deeper bogs. Starting with me.

Trip out: I was towing Steve T; John Clark was towing John and Di.

[IMG][/IMG]

Safelyback on bitumen

[IMG][/IMG]

This is the bog that did all the damage. John got snatched out fine, but both John and Di, and Steve and Maria had their jeeps go terminal in the bog. Electrics to Steve, Clutch or gears with John and Di.

[IMG][/IMG]

At any rate, sense of humour lasted throughout even through a pretty tough towing expedition on a B grade track.

Funny I was speaking to Heidi just recently about "when you will play, you will pay!" And it was one of those kind of days.

hopefully some of the others can put some pics up, it really is a fun track that will test a jeep!
    Last edited by Dru; 02-04-17 at 05:40 PM.

Thanks for the day Dru & Kerry... Home on the back of a towie.... My young fella took 5 minutes find the problem then 10 minutes to replace a cracked battery terminal and so I was back running again..... Now to clean out the TJ.... Lol... Thanks again everyone for a good and interesting day..............
    JC Member# 094

Glad to see you motoring again!

Thanks for letting us tag a long will have new arms on way by the end of the week pulled them out tonight and both thread's are damaged
    I look forward to the next trip ether up newy way or down there