Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Killie Loop B Grade 1.4.17

Well it looks like up here in newcastle we are going to get 40mm so wether.com.au say tomorrow so fresh full wet track for satday

Club Member

Sorry Dru - I have to pull out of this trip, many apologies for not making it. Catch you all next time. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by aza mof View Post
    Well it looks like up here in newcastle we are going to get 40mm so wether.com.au say tomorrow so fresh full wet track for satday
    It's going to be a messy slippery one....can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

OK guys:

The Met/BOM has all kinds of severe weather warnings out right now, all the way down to Sydney and specific to the Killingworth area. BUT MetEye (local weather predictor at the BOM) is showing Saturday in Killingworth as low winds, 60% chance of rain but only 0-1mm.

Here is the BOM link: http://www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
    [Type in "Killingworth" in the location, choose the Killingworth NSW option. Then at the top change the date by clicking on Saturday.]

So we are on weather alert - but not (yet) cancelled. I'll make a call lunch time on Friday as to whether I think that Kerry and I are still cool. Then we will take a roll call.

Think about it though! I will do what I can as Trip Leader, and think about the right thing by the Club, but you are all responsible for your own safety and need to make your own call. If we proceed you need to be ready to walk the creek and bogs etc. There will be plenty of mud. It wont be a trip for passengers wanting to stay inside the cabin. The worse it is, the more we need to walk it. You will get <ahem> dirty.

The trip will be postponed if there are Saturday weather/wind/storm warnings.

Roll call tomorrow!
    Last edited by Dru; 30-03-17 at 02:02 PM.

It's only been light rain most ov the afternoon some times hevey but not for long term
    No where nere the amount that was prodicted unless it falls tonight
    I did the loop a couple of weeks ago and was pretty dry
    Other than one big hole That did not look that deep

Kerry and I are keen to go!

Thanks to Aaron (aza mof) for the local knowledge.

Saturday weather forecast has actually gotten (slightly)better and the bad weather is clearing (slightly) quicker than originally forecast. We are now 50% chance of rain at 0-0.4mm. And light winds.

We recommendbringing rain coat/jacket, towel, spare clothes etc. If you have branch clearing gear, bring it if you have space.

We would appreciate confirmation from everyone who will be attending. (I will update the front sheet.) See you all on Saturday.

Dru'n'Kerry

PS we can expect that on Saturday, the loop is no longer on the "softer" side of B grade.
    Last edited by Dru; 31-03-17 at 08:51 AM.

Hey Dru, I will be withdrawing from this trip, sorry for the late notice
    Steve an Hayley

See you at the meeting point in the morning.... Looking forward to the run....
    JC Member# 094

I intend to go if on, will see you at the twin servo's
    regards John Clark

See everyone tomorrow.

Dru