Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Baal Bone Saturday 5th August

Been there - done that Dru!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

But then again that was 40 or 50 years ago. At least the Flatfender has a bikini top now.

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Very cool Ian. Literally!

Visitor

The view from Baal Bone plateau in August 2015 (just before the last Jeep Jamboree):

Last edited by Easy77; 26-07-17 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Because Photobucket sucks!

Visitor

And the trip leader:

Last edited by Easy77; 26-07-17 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Because Photobucket sucks!

Thanks for the pics Dusan!

OK team. I have been asked how long the day will be: please be aware that this is a full day trip and we finish returning to the bitumen quite a distance out west. (Which is why I tried to reverse the trip, unfortunately that plan did not work).

When we tested the route with Greg we started probably an hour later, ran down a few 'no through routes' and had to back up, chewed up time with some winching operations (not necessary with our changed plan), and we were airing up at a 2:30. So it can be done quite quickly - WITH A SMALL GROUP. This is not a small group, so we are starting a little earlier and the target is to be airing up 4:00 - 4:30pm. Allow at least 2.5 hours for the trip home on bitumen.

No timetable can be guaranteed, but we have a plan.

cheers

Dru'n'Kerry

Visitor

Never Mind the Bollocks=Photobucket, Here's another one from Ball Bone trip just before the Jamboree. This is the little descent at the exit from the plain when taking the trial in a east-to-west direction I believe...

After discussing it with Greg, we will amalgamate the reserve list and bring the whole group. Another big convoy on Baal Bone, seems to be a habit!

A couple of quick notes:

Ian: If the weather is the same as today you are going to love it. A slight touch of frost in the shadows early in the morning but otherwise fine and sunny all day.

Khaled: has had some on street issues and will confirm late this week if repairs are ready. Bad luck that.

Daniel: You have booked onto two trips that run at the same time. You need to choose and let the trip leaders know. All good, but fill us in please.

Dusan - thanks for that last pic, I was just going to spring it on everyone, hahaha! Anyway we checked conditions agains today and it's all good.
    Last edited by Dru; 31-07-17 at 12:00 AM.

It would be too much to expect the weather to be as nice as today, but what the hell - if you have a Jeep you must enjoy pain?
    Cheers
    Ian W.

Hi Dru,

Unfortunately it seems my car repairs will still take a while until complete so i won't be able to join this time. Have a good trip and look forward to joining the next one.

Khaled

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Khaled - that's disappointing! Keep an eye out, there will be plenty of trips where we can catch up.

daniel - any update, bloke?