Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JK death wobble

finally got the new bushes(correct size this time) but in the meantime while waiting for the bushes I replaced all 4 ball joints with heavy duty Synergy units, (the bottom 2 were really loose?) also replaced the drag link with a heavy duty Synergy unit, and steering damper from teraflex with relocation bolt which replaces the bottom track bar bolt.
    All seems OK with no more death wobble, just a shake like wheel balance, so getting the tyres checked will be next, but it's definitely better.
    Andrew

finally got a wheel alignment, and there's no adjustment for caster, the steering is really sensitive/ touchy (flighty?)looking on the net, adjustable control arms seem to be the go, can I get away with only installing lower front adjustable control arms, or will I need to replace all top as well.
    I have replaced the steering linkages with Synergy units so was looking at the Synergy control arms from SBR.

any advice
    Andrew

Bottoms only should be fine if your lift is south of 4”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told it has a 3.5" lift, so bottoms only will work then?

Yep [emoji106]

Only really need adjustable uppers and lowers to dial in wheel base at taller lifts. Adjustable lowers (or uppers) to manage caster is all that is really needed. I prefer lowers due to ease of adjustment, but others will suggest adjustable uppers are a better choice. Either way, you will be able to adjust the caster with uppers or lowers.

thanks for the info

Finally put the adjustable lower control arms on, and WOW, what a difference, should nave done it sooner.