Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Snowy Mountains 1 to 7 January 2018

Yes Dave put me down Danny

Quote Originally Posted by chips View Post
    Yes Dave put me down Danny
    Crikey, now we really are full! Great to have you along Danny, you and Sharon?

Thanks,
    Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: snow mountain Tour

Originally Posted by Ali
    Hey Dave,

i just joined the club and seen snow mountain tour. i got 2011 2 door stock jeep wrangler. This tour would be perfect for my skill and car.

The list seems to be full if there is any chance someone drops out or you can fit me in please let me know.

Regards,

Ali

Hi Ali,

I'll add you to the Maybe list and definitely keep you in mind. I'll also email the itinerary for you to have a look at.

I have not heard from a couple of 'Definites' since they signed up, or one of the other 'Maybes' since the last club meeting, so we may have room for one more. I will try and finalise at the December meeting!

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 22-11-17 at 05:37 PM.

Hi Snowy Mountains Trippers,

This weeks club meeting and next Sundays Christmas Party are our last chance to have a chat and get things organised pre-trip, although I am usually available by phone and email.

The list as it looks is

Definites
    1. Dave
    2. Sean & Daf
    3. Hitesh & family (4 all up)
    4. John & Di
    5. KevinF (My14JK)
    6. Ben & Amy & Nash
    7. SteveT - will do the add on to Bendethra too.
    8. JohnC
    9. Danny
    10. Ali

We are fully subscribed. All the Definites have confirmed.

How about meeting up on the way down on New Years Day? If you are happy to meet at Talbingo that's fine. Otherwise heading South in the past we have met at the big Southbound BP service station at Marulan on the Hume Highway. About an hour and a half from my place in Croydon, or an hour from Campbelltown. I plan to stop there for lunch around 12.30 or 1pm. Happy to meet anyone there, it will be three and a half or four hours from there to Talbingo,depending on whether we stop for arvo tea at the Dog on the Tuckerbox (another favourite) and fuel...

Any questions, please get in touch. I'll be at the December meeting and the Christmas Party to chat and finalise numbers and anything else. We head off 4 weeks tomorrow!! Can’t wait
    J

All the best,
    Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 11-12-17 at 05:33 PM.

Hi All,

Three weeks from about now and we should be meeting up in Talbingo! Lots of excited people at the Christmas Party yesterday and it was great to catch up with the few I hadn't spoken to in a while.

Because I said I needed to have final numbers by the end of last week, I am closing the trip at 10 Jeeps and I think it is 17 people!

A few of us will convoy down from Marulan, the rest will meet us on the banks of Jounama Pondage. Can't wait!

Please get in touch if you have any last questions or concerns, otherwise, see you in three weeks

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 11-12-17 at 05:33 PM.

Visitor

Hi, wondering if you're offroading on this trip.

Visitor

Hi,wondering where you will be offroading on this trip?

Default Snowy Mountains 1 to 7 January 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Prescy View Post
    Hi,wondering where you will be offroading on this trip?
    We will be on dirt every day except for the drive from Sydney to Talbingo. Some of the dirt is easy, well made track. Some will require low range eg the climb to Davies High Plain, and some of the track up there.

This trip was designed to be achievable by stock Jeeps with hi and low range. That said if it rains...

Last edited by Dave; 13-12-17 at 03:20 PM.

Hi All,

Last minute check up for everyone... Three days from now and we should all be well on our way to Talbingo

I'm meeting a few people at the South bound BP Servo at Marulan (John and Steve at least...) - about 2km past the truck weigh station. I plan to leave home about 11.00am so I'll be there by 12.30 for lunch (all things going to plan). Hope to leave there again about 1.00pm which should put us in Talbingo about 5.00pm, factoring in a stop for arvo tea and fuel. We all want to have a full tank of fuel in Talbingo, although the drive on Tuesday to Khancoban isn't that long distance. I'll be filling up again in Khancoban, and my Jerry can! It is three days from there to the next fuel.

Hope everyone is getting all their gear together. Any last minute questions or problems, please give me a call. All my contacts are in the itinerary.

See you on Monday, and Happy New Year!

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 30-12-17 at 08:56 AM.

Default Snowy Mountains 1 to 7 January 2018

Homeward bound after a fantastic week away down south... huge shout out and a big thanks to David Grime...a well executed trip with variety of tracks , his fabulous knowledge and great time keeping whipping a large group into scheduled timekeeping isn’t easy!
    I’ve never laughed so much in a trip around the proverbial. Campfire especially the derelict caravan park that looked like the hydro majestic from the front...after many wolf creek jokes we had a ball...even the unexpected c+ small challenges on 1 leg was embraced with enthusiasm by all!
    Thx David Cant wait till the Simpson [emoji247]!

John n Di