Thread: Body / Sound Deadener

Default Body / Sound Deadener

I've been a bit spoilt lately driving the wife's KL Cherokee around everywhere, and suddenly the old TJ is just too bloody noisy to drive lol. I know it's never going to be quiet (or comfortable), but was wondering if anyone has used any forms of body or sound deadener to keep noise levels down a little. Would like to know what you used and how well it worked.
    #366. TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle

Elio, there is a paint on liner type material no sure of the name, but I think there is a write up in the last Jeep Action mag

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep11 View Post
    Elio, there is a paint on liner type material no sure of the name, but I think there is a write up in the last Jeep Action mag
    Thanks. Will dig it out of the back of my work van and find the article
    #366. TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle

I've got the Mopar headliner in mine and it does make a difference when it comes to wind noise and heating/cooling. Obviously does nothing for road noise though.

Best options a set of boggers or a good stereo
    Paint on products that can Help:
    Interior - Herculiner, Durabak,LineX, RhinoLiner - expensive or messy if DIY
    Underbody plain old sound deadner - Messy and heavy.

You can also get anumber of stick on auto insulation mats on ebay which might be an option. I am using one of these on my FSJ project - Doors, under roof lining, quarter panels, firewall, tailgate etc but won't know the results for a while yet....

I used a spray on sound deadener on my Kluger when I had under body protection custom made for it.
    It did work! Just got it from Super Cheap I think