Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roof Racks

Default Roof Racks

Hi Guys,

Just purchased a JK Wranger 2015 2 door Jeep and has most of you would know not much storage so I want to get some roof racks.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm thinking about getting the wrap around bars so we can still remove the roof etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sam

Visitor

In general the roof racks for wranglers are either the external cages or internally supported platforms that sit on top of the hard top.

With the cages, you can run soft top or hard top and the cage should still be usable. Examples include Gobi, Garvin, Uneek.

With the internally supported platforms you have internal frame or brackets that help the hard top to carry the rack. The popular examples include Rhino, Teraflex, AEV. These racks are more "sleek" but you have to run the hard top to use the rack. You can still remove the hard top and run the soft top but you won't have the rack as it stays with the hard top.

Read up on the options and choose the best to suit your plans.

Thanks Easy 77.
    I've been doing my research, problem with the external cages is that the cheaper versions look cumbersome.
    The one that I like is $2,800 but is purpose built.
    I'll check out the brands you mentioned.
    Definately want the the external cage though.
    Cheers,
    Sam

we have a garvin wilderness rack on our TJ it tilts to allow the hard top to be removed - or soft top dropped down

on the JKU we have normal gutter racks we run on the hard top for the ski's

we have also used soft racks on both jeeps - have had the blackwolf turbo or the swag on them or the ski bag

The Garvin Wilderness rack seems to be the most cost effective, I'll get that one.
    Thanks for the feedback.

The Garvin is also quite easy to remove should you want to take it off alltogether when you go topless. Just leave the front uprights in place. I think you'll be happy with the Garvin
    #366. TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle

Hi, I'm new to the group. I am also looking for the "pivoting" roof racks for my 2dr JK wrangler. I can't seem to find one that allows complete removal of the hard top when it is tilted - only the freedom panels. Does anyone know of an Australian dealer for them?

Quote Originally Posted by JKJoey View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the group. I am also looking for the "pivoting" roof racks for my 2dr JK wrangler. I can't seem to find one that allows complete removal of the hard top when it is tilted - only the freedom panels. Does anyone know of an Australian dealer for them?
    https://www.sbroffroad.com.au/Garvin...scription=true
    #366. TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle

Club Member

Hi, I'm looking for advice: I am in the market for a flat roof rack platform for my GC YR2015 and don't want to spend more than 800$, and also attach an LED light bar to the roof rack ... any recommendations?