Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Introduction Trip #1 Watagans

Mate I'm totally stock...
    I've done plenty at Wotto in a stock sierra on 27's belonging to the suzi club... have been winched and pulled through a few B & B+...
    But I really don't want to wreck the Mallside Cruiser... lol..

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Really nice to meet everyone + big thanks to the organisers for making it such a fun day and a friendly environment for all.

I've joined Sydney Jeep Club now so I hope to see you all again on future trips shortly.

Regards,
    Martin (White JKU)
    Last edited by SnakeDoctor; 28-10-17 at 08:09 PM.

Visitor

Thanks to Dru and Kerry for organising, had a great time.

Secretary

Thanks everyone for a great day. Big thank you to Dru and Kerry for leading today.
    Really good to meet all the new and returning visitors, very welcome at SJC

I’ll post up some pics soon, but had to get this awesome photo up straight away.
    Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

What a great bunch and a great day. Let me start with a special vote of thanks to wonderful Kerry for leading this trip. And a belated apology for my sometimes dopey navigation.
    Rich, As usual we completely neglected to say thanks for running tail, ditto to Steve for running "piggy in the middle". This large group did actually get spread enough on a couple of occasions that we needed the radio relay.

Watagans really put on a great day. Everyone enjoyed the challenges more and more and at the end of the day we were convinced to exceed our brief. Adding in Farrel 2 and 3 (not the crazy climb) and Creek Road a clear C+ trail.

And we nearly made it. We needed to harness Don for his first snatch to give Henry just a little help on a greasy, slippery climb needing more clearance than stock offers. A first for us too - quadruple snatch to clear the bottom and top of the climb. Whew, all good. Top work Don!

Generally the crew ran well, no lost Jeeps, no broken convoys. No complaints due the sometimes scratchy trails in Watagans.

Wildlife check for the day: pademellon (small wallaby), lyrebirds, goanna, echidna, turtle. No snakes. ANd if you were listening birdsong included bell birds (obviously), king parrots, rosella, cockatoo, black cockatoo (distinctive), whip birds.

Ah well, another fabulous day on the trails, and ten Jeep owners now pondering how to get all that mud off!

Dru'n'Kerry

PS I think I want a Trailhawk!

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeDoctor View Post

I've joined Sydney Jeep Club now so I hope to see you all again on future trips shortly.

Regards,
    Martin (White JKU)
    Another happy customer.

Hey Gang...
    Home Safe & Sound...
    Washed... Feed... Relaxed...

Great Day...
    Thanks Dru... Thanks Kerry...

And Thanks to The Group...

How do we compile and get copies of footage from all the cameras...
    Unfortunately I only took 3 or 4 pics... not much to brag about...

Henry...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Brilliant day!!!

Definitely the club for me

Cheers
    Mark

Visitor

What an amazing day! Learnt a lot from this first trip... Got to test a whole lot of gear (deflators, compressor, hema maps, diff lockers, disconnects, hi-lo range, recovery gear, mud tyres, radio etc.) and driving capability of myself and Betty (which far exceeded my expectations - still buzzing from it really)... I might just leave the mud patina on for a week, park next to the boss and ask how his weekend was ��

Cheers to everyone in this group and Sydney Jeep Club for organising... What a top bunch and club!... Catch you at the meeting!

Hi Henry, given its only a few pics, can you send them through to Dru’s phone? I’ll pop some up on facebook.
    Kerry