Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduction Trip #2 Watagans

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Default Introduction Trip #2 Watagans

This is a stock jeep trip, SJC-style. Established club members are most welcome, to help with any potential new members.

Visitors - if you are interested, just register at the forum (no cost for that) then post your interest below.

General: Consider this an introduction to the main access routes through the 4WD playground north of Sydney. Kerry and I have been gradually adding interesting off-piste bits, so I hope it's fun for everyone.

Where: Watagans

When:
    Saturday 25th November 2017

Meet:
    M1 Motorway services traveling North, just past Wyong. On Google it's called F3 Wyong North bound (Twin Servos). There is a Macca's and a healthy fast food as well.

Time:
    8:00 am for 8:30 departure. Please be fueled and fed.

Grade:
    C Grade - easy.

Generally graded trails. Most of the route on our Navigation tool shows speeds of 20 km/h. Not a lot of low range though we might add a couple of "off piste" alternates - just because we can. Generally the track conditions are similar to Black Fellows Hand Trail in Newnes.

The Watagans are famous for mud. Not much we can do about that but we are carefully avoiding all known major bog hole challenges, just can't guarantee you wont need to wash your Jeep afterwards. Likewise for overgrown scratchy bushes - we are avoiding all known scratchy tracks, just can't guarantee it. Wave Rock entry may have some small wet spots and branches, still C grade and definitely worth it.

Requirements:
    Radio, food/drink of choice, camera. Full fuel tank. If you have recovery gear please pack it - no need to race out and purchase if you don't have any yet. Stock Jeeps are fine. Regarding Radio - convoy communications are a must. We have a hand held UHF which we use for spotting which can be used, but we really need everyone on the club Channel. See what you can do to help us out.

This run is limited to: 10

Attending:

1. dru: Dru'n'Kerry: JK
    2. Hitesh: Hitesh: JKU
    3. Khabbazeh: Khaled & Diana: WK2
    4. Afiq: Afiq: JK
    5. chips: Danny: JK
    6. flatfender: Ian: Classic
    7. Richhenning: Rich: JKU
    8. StewartV: Stewart: JKU
    9.?: Dan: TBC
    10: Martin

List closed

Dru'n'Kerry
    Last edited by Dru; 24-11-17 at 12:35 PM.

Visitor

Hi Dru - could you please put us down for this trip.. can't make the Oct date at this stage ... JKU. When do you think we would be heading back out of there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hitesh View Post
    Hi Dru - could you please put us down for this trip.. can't make the Oct date at this stage ... JKU. When do you think we would be heading back out of there?

Hitesh. I doubt you would understand how frustrating a query like this is. So, Generally we would see a perfect day having the whole crew airing up with enough time to be back home in Sydney in daylight. Shit happens though.

Mate, if you have something important on that night, don't come. Basic. Easy.

If you want to play, I'm happy to guide.

Please confirm your interest.

Visitor

Cool [emoji41] ... happy to play ... was just trying to get an indication of timing that's all. Looking forward to another awesome day out with you guys.

All good Hitesh, locked in.

Dru

Hi Dru,
    If this is graded C I would assume it’s WK2 friendly? If so please add us up to this trip (Khaled & Diana)
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Khabbazeh View Post
    Hi Dru,
    If this is graded C I would assume it�s WK2 friendly? If so please add us up to this trip (Khaled & Diana)
    Thanks!

WK2 are absolutely fine. This C grade does not have any specific pinch points(challenge points above the grade). Most of the distance travelled is on are graded trails, though we pick up some side trails to keep interest up. We had WK2s last year that went fine. Nothing of course is without any risk, but this trail is specifically for stock Jeeps.

I've got you on the list!

Dru'n'Kerry

Quote Originally Posted by Dru View Post
    WK2 are absolutely fine. This C grade does not have any specific pinch points(challenge points above the grade). Most of the distance travelled is on are graded trails, though we pick up some side trails to keep interest up. We had WK2s last year that went fine. Nothing of course is without any risk, but this trail is specifically for stock Jeeps.

I've got you on the list!

Dru'n'Kerry
    Great, see you in November then

Hi Dru,

Newbie here. I have a stock 2015 JK. My wife and I would love to participate in the introduction for this date.

Afiq

List updated.