Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpson Desert 7 to 21 July 2018

Awesome guys! A working vehicle and a pantry for 4! Bring on Saturday

Dave

Secretary

Yep, mine is with Frank and Jonathon at ATV this week. Ball joints and new track bar required to fix wobbles. Just as well we went on that shakedown trip last week! I wasn't shaking down for Simpson but rather for the Training weekend on 14 July in Wagga. The jeep hadn't been used for a while, so just as well I went along otherwise I wouldn't have uncovered how serious the wobbles actually were.
    A bit disappointed that the Synergy ball joints are less than two years old and covered less than 10k km.

3 more sleeps to go....[emoji99][emoji79]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by isherz View Post
    3 more sleeps to go....[emoji99][emoji79]

Sleep? Who can sleep? Too much anticipation.

See you guys on the road as we head to the Flinders, most likely catch you for Dinner at Broken Hill (we're in the same van park as Dave). Drive safe

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F View Post
    See you guys on the road as we head to the Flinders, most likely catch you for Dinner at Broken Hill (we're in the same van park as Dave). Drive safe

Cheers
    Steve
    Nice! See you there on Sunday! Drive safe, watch out for the Roos early and near dusk, and the goats round Cobar!
    Have fun,
    Dave

Visitor

Packing List... may have to drop a few things out...[emoji23][emoji3]

Last update before the off - probably (maybe)

Unfortunately Danny and Sharon are not able to come with us for family reasons , so we are down to 13 Jeeps and 22 people - still one heck of a Jeep convoy

I think that I have heard from everyone about getting to Broken Hill! I'll be meeting several people at the Shell at Lithgow (at the turnoff to Rydal - Magpie Hollow Rd) at 9.00am tomorrow. If there aren't any Jeeps there when you get there (after 9) then look for us at the Honey Haven in Mudgee around 10.30. Otherwise its the road to Dubbo, then turn left onto the Barrier Hwy after crossing the river at Nyngan, then see you in Cobar! We'll be on UHF 15 (Club Channel) and my mobile number is on just about every email or piece of paper I have handed out including the Itinerary

Greg and Candice emailed me that they are going via Griffith on Saturday night, so if John and Di are also on Channel 15 you might meet there or on the road.

The most important update that I have been waiting for is still not 100% there. Sam from Desert Parks SA called me this morning and thanked me for my email on Wednesday. In that email I had advised her that Birdsville Police considered the Warburton Crossing to be passable. She is contacting Clifton Station (the closest property to the crossing) to ask their opinion. If they agree that the crossing is passable, she will update the track information and we will be okay to go the way we planned!

But, if they do not agree, then the crossing stays closed, and the fine for getting caught using a closed track last time I asked was $1000 per wheel (so worse if you tow)...

We won't know the result until next week, she said she would email or text me - but even Telstra doesn't work everywhere - so hopefully we will have an answer by Marree on Wednesday or at Mungerannie on Thursday arvo.

But hey, there is still hope

Drive safe everyone! Look forward to seeing everyone at Broken Hill Tourist Park, or at the Sculptures just North of town at sunset, or at the Musicians Club opposite the railway station for dinner about 7.30 (I'll book a table when we get to town).

Dave.

Visitor

Safe Jeeping everyone.

Have a great time.

Looking forward to stories and photos.

Regards
    Ben

Secretary

Have a great time everyone. Lots of pics and stories please!