Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Simpson Desert 7 to 21 July 2018

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Dave, I reckon Mungerannie sounds so cool just contact them.

(Toss a coin for leading it out!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dru View Post
    Dave, I reckon Mungerannie sounds so cool just contact them.

(Toss a coin for leading it out!)
    Agree, it sounds good! But I'll give it a few weeks before I call. No point in changing plans now if it gets flooded later and we can't cross there either. The amount of time it has taken to get to the 'usual' crossing, it could take another few weeks, or not at all...

It would still be my second choice, with a convoy of this size and not knowing how much extra time or fuel the Cowarie Station route - if passable - might take. Third choice would be in and out via Birdsville...
    Last edited by Dave; 06-05-18 at 10:46 AM.

Dave, had a look over the BOM river levels report today. There is plenty of water upstream, just plenty. But all of it is less than minor flooding, in fact everything is below bridges etc. So not flooding, just flowing.

It actually sounds pretty positive for us seeing a spectacular part of the world in spectacular conditions.

So far, I think it couldn't be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dru View Post
    Dave, had a look over the BOM river levels report today. There is plenty of water upstream, just plenty. But all of it is less than minor flooding, in fact everything is below bridges etc. So not flooding, just flowing.

It actually sounds pretty positive for us seeing a spectacular part of the world in spectacular conditions.

So far, I think it couldn't be better.

You bet! Can't wait to get out there. 9 weeks tonight, sunset sculptures at Broken Hill

It's this one that has closed the Warburton Crossing http://www.bom.gov.au/fwo/IDS60250/I...7013.plt.shtml

But Lake Eyre Yacht Club http://www.lakeeyreyc.com/Status/latest.html is thinking it might be down in three weeks, then it just has to dry out... http://www.lakeeyreyc.com/Status/FloodAssessment.html

Dave
    Last edited by Dave; 06-05-18 at 09:03 PM.

I emailed around a last reminder yesterday that tomorrow - Tuesday 15 May - is the deadline day that Birdsville asked for payment for camping. Hope that is all done now.

I ordered my Desert Parks Pass after the last meeting and it arrived last Friday – so only 9 days for delivery. I’ll do another reminder for this one at the June Meeting, but if you haven’t ordered by the July meeting it will be too late!

The water level has started to drop in the Warburton, so hopefully it’ll dry up in the next few weeks, http://www.bom.gov.au/fwo/IDS60250/I...7013.plt.shtml
    And we’ll be all systems go!

8 weeks tonight and we'll be round the campfire at Wilpena Pound

Dave

This is from the twitter-verse. Recent pic from Lake Eyre.

Lake Eyre Sailing.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I emailed around a last reminder yesterday that tomorrow - Tuesday 15 May - is the deadline day that Birdsville asked for payment for camping. Hope that is all done now.

I ordered my Desert Parks Pass after the last meeting and it arrived last Friday – so only 9 days for delivery. I’ll do another reminder for this one at the June Meeting, but if you haven’t ordered by the July meeting it will be too late!

The water level has started to drop in the Warburton, so hopefully it’ll dry up in the next few weeks, http://www.bom.gov.au/fwo/IDS60250/I...7013.plt.shtml
    And we’ll be all systems go!

8 weeks tonight and we'll be round the campfire at Wilpena Pound

Dave
    I’ve tried to reach Nora so many times but she’s too busy says she’ll call back last messsge was she would email or text me bank details to make payment...she wasn’t concerned as we were part of a bigger group being sjc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by isherz View Post
    I’ve tried to reach Nora so many times but she’s too busy says she’ll call back last messsge was she would email or text me bank details to make payment...she wasn’t concerned as we were part of a bigger group being sjc

Sorry, who is Nora? I don’t understand what you are trying to do.
    If it is pay Birdsville, they took my credit card over the phone. If it is book your desert parks pass, that is an online booking...
    Let me know what you need to do if I can help.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Sorry, who is Nora? I don’t understand what you are trying to do.
    If it is pay Birdsville, they took my credit card over the phone. If it is book your desert parks pass, that is an online booking...
    Let me know what you need to do if I can help.
    Dave

Nita runs the park every time I ring to book in and pay she’s too busy

Quote Originally Posted by isherz View Post
    Nita runs the park every time I ring to book in and pay she’s too busy

Nora