Thread: Matts TJ

Visitor

Default Matts TJ

Hello Sydney Jeep Club. My family have just signed up and don't know anyone here, so feeling a little unsure as to how everything works.

Our reason for joining is due to being approached by a number of very nice members on more than 1 occasion whilst out in our TJ, that have encouraged us to become members. After meeting so many genuinely nice Jeep Club members during our every day, it was an easy decision to join.

The TJ is hubby Matthew's car, we have built it to accommodate day trips to our local testing grounds, it is still a work in progress, however is a great deal of fun already. My baby is our touring vehicle that we take to places like Cape York, it is not a Jeep so no need for me to go into any more detail about my set up. However Matt and I are very competitive, so needless to say we have spent a lot of money on both our cars, and have agreed to disagree lol.

However the TJ is not the only Jeep we spend time with, as Matts family ALL have Jeeps. So a day out for us includes our TJ, Pats JK, Sues XJ and Brads XJ. All of which have had a great deal of modifications done, brothers will always complete after all.

So thats our 4wd family. I have added a couple of TJ photos from our day out last Sunday testing the new suspension set up we installed the weekend before. Look forward to one day tagging along on a day trip somewhere.

Kindest of regards

Tanya

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    Hello Sydney Jeep Club. My family have just signed up and don't know anyone here, so feeling a little unsure as to how everything works.

Our reason for joining is due to being approached by a number of very nice members on more than 1 occasion whilst out in our TJ, that have encouraged us to become members. After meeting so many genuinely nice Jeep Club members during our every day, it was an easy decision to join.

The TJ is hubby Matthew's car, we have built it to accommodate day trips to our local testing grounds, it is still a work in progress, however is a great deal of fun already. My baby is our touring vehicle that we take to places like Cape York, it is not a Jeep so no need for me to go into any more detail about my set up. However Matt and I are very competitive, so needless to say we have spent a lot of money on both our cars, and have agreed to disagree lol.

However the TJ is not the only Jeep we spend time with, as Matts family ALL have Jeeps. So a day out for us includes our TJ, Pats JK, Sues XJ and Brads XJ. All of which have had a great deal of modifications done, brothers will always complete after all.

So thats our 4wd family. I have added a couple of TJ photos from our day out last Sunday testing the new suspension set up we installed the weekend before. Look forward to one day tagging along on a day trip somewhere.

Kindest of regards

Tanya

Hi Tanya. Welcome to the club! We have a couple of trips early next year, plus more to be added to the calendar. We always love to see new members and compare notes on build. [emoji4]. See you on the trails soon! Dru'n'Kerry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Dru and Kerry View Post
    Hi Tanya. Welcome to the club! We have a couple of trips early next year, plus more to be added to the calendar. We always love to see new members and compare notes on build. [emoji4]. See you on the trails soon! Dru'n'Kerry

Thank you for the welcome Dru and Kerry, much appreciated.

We are camping at Newnes for new years and heading out on day trips with our 4wd family. Along Bicentennial, up Airley, a day of playing in the Clarence, and maybe take a few through Deep Pass, Slot or Dry Canyon. No itinerary set as yet, but if anyone else is up that way for New Years we might see you there.

Club Member

Thank you for the welcome Dru and Kerry, much appreciated.

We are camping at Newnes for new years and heading out on day trips with our 4wd family. Along Bicentennial, up Airley, a day of playing in the Clarence, and maybe take a few through Deep Pass, Slot or Dry Canyon. No itinerary set as yet, but if anyone else is up that way for New Years we might see you there.

Hi Tanya, we know Mt Airley really well and a lot of Newnes but not sure about the other trips you mentioned, so might be up for joining you on some day trips. We should have a chat about your plans when you have a chance.
    Cheers
    Kerry
    0411 446 035

Visitor

[emoji4] makes me feel all special that you would be interested in joining us at some point. Im sure you have already been to all the places I mentioned, I just probably call them something different.

The Clarence for me includes all the standard challenges, including pipeline, spanish steps, 9 mile steps, bird rock, powerlines. However I am way too much of an adventurer to have stopped at the 4wd tracks. So my Clarence also includes Dry canyon, Deep pass canyon, Twister canyon, Rocky creek canyon, and a few sacred aboriginal sites shown to me as a reward from the locals, that I now call friends, after helping them clean up some stuff.

Bicentennial is also a popular one, straight across from Blackfellows Hand Trail, has 2 little challenges but it is the lookout that I take people there for. Its just amazing, you feel so small.

Newnes I love for the history, walking through the shale mine ruins, checking out the old pub, floating down the Wolgan River knowing that it was once so full of arsenic from the mine that people died, yet nature has cleaned itself so well it is pristine once again.

I also enjoy exploring Yalwal, and am planning on heading there in the new year to check out the old mines. Have already done all the 4wd tracks there thanks to Jose from Yalwal 4wd, so time to stretch the legs.

Watagans is also a great spot, but now that Daniels Point Rd is under CCTV and the road to Ferrels 3 has collapsed, its not worth putting up with the leeches to bother visiting. Unless you just want to site see because there is also an amazing lookout there that you can see all the way from Stockton Beach to Gosford. However it is vandalised regularly by dum dums.

However the track I know and visit the most though is Gees Arm South. Our cars are pretty much built for that track. It is more challenging than most tracks, is close to home, and a great spot to test new modifications. And at the end of a hot day we all air up.l at Wheeny creek and have a swim before heading home.

Although last visit there I was really sad. Picked up an entire bag of everyone elses rubbish on the way in, then passed 2 x groups of about 17 P plate vehicles smashing up the track on our way out, that had left a heap of rubbish behind them on the track I had just cleaned up grrrrr. If it was up to me provisional drivers wouldnt be allowed to register or drive a 4wd. They are a performance vehicle, and just like fast cars, they should be restricted until their pre frontal cortex catches up to the rest of their brain.

We have also spent time through Sunny Corner, Mt Walker, Ben Bullen. But its either too easy, or Unimog, nothing in between.

Went to Cape York for 6 weeks through June this year. 6 weeks was no where near long enough, so will be heading back there to do the beaches run and a little local track that our crew were not game enough to try last trip.

Victorian high country is also on my bucket list for 2018. Hubby wants to go at the end of winter in the snow. But I hate the cold, so convincing him to leave it until Nov.

So thats me. Probably too much info, but I was bored this morning before work lol.

Talk to you later.

Club Member

[emoji4] makes me feel all special that you would be interested in joining us at some point. Im sure you have already been to all the places I mentioned, I just probably call them something different.

The Clarence for me includes all the standard challenges, including pipeline, spanish steps, 9 mile steps, bird rock, powerlines. However I am way too much of an adventurer to have stopped at the 4wd tracks. So my Clarence also includes Dry canyon, Deep pass canyon, Twister canyon, Rocky creek canyon, and a few sacred aboriginal sites shown to me as a reward from the locals, that I now call friends, after helping them clean up some stuff.

Bicentennial is also a popular one, straight across from Blackfellows Hand Trail, has 2 little challenges but it is the lookout that I take people there for. Its just amazing, you feel so small.

Newnes I love for the history, walking through the shale mine ruins, checking out the old pub, floating down the Wolgan River knowing that it was once so full of arsenic from the mine that people died, yet nature has cleaned itself so well it is pristine once again.

I also enjoy exploring Yalwal, and am planning on heading there in the new year to check out the old mines. Have already done all the 4wd tracks there thanks to Jose from Yalwal 4wd, so time to stretch the legs.

Watagans is also a great spot, but now that Daniels Point Rd is under CCTV and the road to Ferrels 3 has collapsed, its not worth putting up with the leeches to bother visiting. Unless you just want to site see because there is also an amazing lookout there that you can see all the way from Stockton Beach to Gosford. However it is vandalised regularly by dum dums.

However the track I know and visit the most though is Gees Arm South. Our cars are pretty much built for that track. It is more challenging than most tracks, is close to home, and a great spot to test new modifications. And at the end of a hot day we all air up.l at Wheeny creek and have a swim before heading home.

Although last visit there I was really sad. Picked up an entire bag of everyone elses rubbish on the way in, then passed 2 x groups of about 17 P plate vehicles smashing up the track on our way out, that had left a heap of rubbish behind them on the track I had just cleaned up grrrrr. If it was up to me provisional drivers wouldnt be allowed to register or drive a 4wd. They are a performance vehicle, and just like fast cars, they should be restricted until their pre frontal cortex catches up to the rest of their brain.

We have also spent time through Sunny Corner, Mt Walker, Ben Bullen. But its either too easy, or Unimog, nothing in between.

Went to Cape York for 6 weeks through June this year. 6 weeks was no where near long enough, so will be heading back there to do the beaches run and a little local track that our crew were not game enough to try last trip.

Victorian high country is also on my bucket list for 2018. Hubby wants to go at the end of winter in the snow. But I hate the cold, so convincing him to leave it until Nov.

So thats me. Probably too much info, but I was bored this morning before work lol.

Talk to you later.

Wow you do get around. I look forward to meeting you soon.

Nice rig you have there