Thread: Engine won't shut down

Default Engine won't shut down

hi I have a 2015 JK with only about 16k in the odometer and about 3 weeks ago engine wont turn of even if I take the key off and the check engine light was on, took the car to Sutton Rosebery Nov 22 and was told it would be finished by Nov 24, got a call from them that they did a diagnostic test and found out that the ECU was faulty and radiator fan sensor was also faulty and parts have to be ordered from America and will take at least 2 weeks, car is still under warranty so asked them if I can have a replacement car in the meantime but to no avail I was just passed around. They called me today and said parts arrived and installed but the same fault and that they will consult with Jeep tech support in Melbourne. I am not a technical person but they did the clock spring recall a few months back and maybe that is part of the cause, how hard is it to find fault in an engine that will not turn off. I hope someone can help shed light on the problem as It is hard not to have a vehicle for such a long time as use it for work.

Cheers

Vince

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by vstanman View Post
    hi I have a 2015 JK with only about 16k in the odometer and about 3 weeks ago engine wont turn of even if I take the key off and the check engine light was on, took the car to Sutton Rosebery Nov 22 and was told it would be finished by Nov 24, got a call from them that they did a diagnostic test and found out that the ECU was faulty and radiator fan sensor was also faulty and parts have to be ordered from America and will take at least 2 weeks, car is still under warranty so asked them if I can have a replacement car in the meantime but to no avail I was just passed around. They called me today and said parts arrived and installed but the same fault and that they will consult with Jeep tech support in Melbourne. I am not a technical person but they did the clock spring recall a few months back and maybe that is part of the cause, how hard is it to find fault in an engine that will not turn off. I hope someone can help shed light on the problem as It is hard not to have a vehicle for such a long time as use it for work.

Cheers

Vince
    How frustrating for you. Obviously no one on the forum has had this particular issue before - hence the deafening silence. Did it get fixed?
    Kerry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd also like to know what you find wrong with this Jeep. I'd almost bet my bottom dollar it's either a sticky relay, or dodgy ignition switch but I'd love to know
    #366. TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle

Vince,
    We could only guess and although inconvenient, using the warranty as you are is probably the best course.
    It might turn out to be something simple, but conversely it might be simple and seemingly unrelated. So diagnosis can be really tricky.
    At best all you will get online is possible guesses, and even then can very on little details not included like what engine etc.
    My best guesses would be:
    1. Faulty ecu is definate posibility.
    2. If the clock spring was previously changed then a damaged ignition switch is a definite posibility too.
    3. Faulty alternator - more common on older cars.
    4. Incorrect spark plugs. But i think unlikely in your case.
    Good luck & keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk