Quote Originally Posted by Easy77 View Post
Hitesh, I briefly had a look at it when I was getting my JKU (2015). The best way to obtain the GVM upgrade is before the very first registration when the vehicle is purchased brand new. There are several "off the shelf" certified kits that ARB or the like can install and the vehicle is then recognised under federal legislation across all states as GVM upgraded. Unfortunately, there's no such kit for Jeep (surprise !).

All the off the shelf kits are for Toyota/Nissan/Isuzu/Ford... While apparently there is a way to do a post rego GVM upgrade, it is more complicated and it is only certified for GMV upgrade in the state (NSW in your case). You're looking at proper engineering shop specifying if the axle can handle the weight, if brake kit upgrade is required etc etc. It may even involve Jeep to confirm that the chassis can handle extra weight and what not. In the end I wasn't keen that much and I decided to thread lightly instead...

Try to find an engineer that is a registered certifier with RMS and get some proper advice. Let us know how you go too.

Cheers,
Dushan
Thanks Dushan

Found this article ... that references a kit? Will be calling them in the morning.

https://www.4x4australia.com.au/revi...rubicon-review

Keep you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk