Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eoi: Chain gang!

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Default Eoi: Chain gang!

As advertised at the February Club meet, we are looking at a trip theme for members who have taken the next step, got the lift, bigger tyres, and now want to build experience.

The intention is a series of trips that keep gently nudging comfort levels with increasing challenge in order to build ability. You don't have to commit to everything. Just take it as far as you want. The start point would be C+ with B challenge. But go through all the way, if still keen, to A grade. Because we can. Vehicle requirements clearly keep getting more advanced with the grades. There is definitely a risk of damage on these sorts of trails, especially if vehicles aren't sufficiently prepared. There is a saying "if you will play, you will pay." BUT, It is also easily the most rewarding stuff that you can do in a Jeep. It's what they are for. This is the stuff that Kerry and I live for. Wrangler territory.

We will keep reviewing things to see how we are going. Push harder if everyone is ready, or just a bit otherwise. To the best we can with trip selection anyway.

"Hell yes, Dru! I'm in. Where do I sign up for the CHAIN GANG?"

Well, here. Post below if interested.

Visitor

Hell yes, Dru would love to join the CHAIN GANG - love to start a journey to push more. Would you have some rough guidance around vehicle requirements - I am about to get some work done to mine and would like to be prepared for the different grades. Thanks and always enjoy your trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visitor

Hi Dru. Sounds right up my alley. Count me in for the chain gang!

If mainly day trips. Yes, very interested

Definitely in.
    Martin H. | 2014 JK Unlimited (white) | 2015 Grand Cherokee (max. steel)

Hi Guys - yes these trips will be day trips, They might be done in conjunction with something else and an opportunity to stay camped, but our usual mode of operation is a Saturday day trip with an early start.

Yes please... thank you sir may I have another? Can’t pass up ‘wheeling school’ with Dru and Kerry!!

I would like to start doing a few more challenging trips, but I think I'll hold off a little while until I can get some rock sliders under my car. Looking forward to actually using my diff locks lol
    #366. TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle

Good response so far.

Visitor

Sounds interesting and a very good idea/concept to build confidence. I'm keen for some of these. Is the plan to eventually build to Jose grade trails...