Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CHAIN GANG #1: Zig Zag, Sunday 25th Feb 2018, Grade B

Quote Originally Posted by Hayesio View Post
    Hi Mani,

This trip sounds great. I'd love to come along if thats ok? Also, this Chain Gang thing sounds awesome , I'll definitely sign up to that.

Regards,
    Jack
    Not a problem mate see you Sunday....

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hayesio View Post
    Hi Mani,

This trip sounds great. I'd love to come along if thats ok? Also, this Chain Gang thing sounds awesome , I'll definitely sign up to that.

Regards,
    Jack
    It'll be great having you inn the chain Jack!

Visitor

Unfortunately I have been reminded of a prior commitment on Sunday, which I cannot get out of. Regrettably, I have to pull out this time. :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Mani

I have dropped the gpx file for Spanish Steps into the Club favourite trips section. I'm not sure it has worked as my HEMA is playing up and I havent been able to check that the file opens. If not, we'll sort it out in Zig Zag.

Dru

Visitor

Thanks for a great day out all, great fun! My favorite was the Spanish steps - that was a first for me - loved it. Got to be one of my favorite tracks. We were lucky the rain held off just long enough to have a good run, but I think the torrential down poor at the end made the steps awesome!

Cheers
    Jack

Club Member

We had a blast. Thanks to Mani for organising - it was great to see you back on the tracks - and to Jack, Martin and Brad for making the day such good fun - even though we all got soaked to the skin at the end. We look forward to seeing some pics and vids!

Visitor

Good to see you guys up at Zig Zag.

Just so you know, I drove the WH Grand up Spanish Steps in the rain, on 29.5" tyres, with no breakages, and got home safely.

Two Discos had to be winched up though.

Love the QD2 in the Jeep.

Cheers
    Ben

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by H2Micr0 View Post
    Good to see you guys up at Zig Zag.

Just so you know, I drove the WH Grand up Spanish Steps in the rain, on 29.5" tyres, with no breakages, and got home safely.

Two Discos had to be winched up though.

Love the QD2 in the Jeep.

Cheers
    Ben
    Yes we saw them. [emoji16]

Thanks all for the great day!
    Martin H. | 2014 JK Unlimited (white) | 2015 Grand Cherokee (max. steel)

Hi guys,

It was a good day out. Following guys attended the trip.

1. Mani @ Trbn8r

2. Dru @ DruNKerry

3. Martin @ SnakeDoctor

4. Jack @ Hayesio

We met up at Richmond McDonalds on time and were on the road about 0745. We reached Zig Zag around 0845. Aired down and hit the tracks soon after.

We got to the first challenge at The Wombat Holes. Dru accidentally slipped off a side and damaged his rear flare trying to back out. We all had fun on the wombat holes.

After that we headed to The Pipe Lines. Dru took us through a new route which was full of further wombat holes. We got to the Pipelines and did a full walk through before attempting it. We approached the start of the Pipelines from the chicken track and while doing so I got hung up on my belly going down a hill. Jack came around to help. Together we jacked up the rear wheels and placed some rocks under the rear wheels. Bit of driving and bit of rocking the car we managed to free it and join the rest of the crew patiently waiting for us. Every one did the track easily with minor road building. Martin needed a bit of tug from Dru to make it over the last rock step on the first stage. Me being the smallest car had to do a bit of bouncing around to get over it.

It was time for lunch and we stopped for lunch at the end of the power lines. While we were having lunch a mist suddenly descended and looked like it was going to rain.

We packed up and started making our way to the Spanish steps. On the way we it started to rain on and off. We made it to the start of the Spanish steps and we came across a group towing out a broken Toyota. As we finish the descent into the valley it began to rain heavy. There was a group at the bottom of the big step with numerous cars of various brands half on top and half on bottom of the big climb. They kindly stepped aside and let us pass through as we only had 4 Jeeps. We did the climb without much trouble and only me needing a few go's to lineup the Jeep properly. We got up to the top relatively easily after that and it started to rain even heavier.

We decided to give the rest of the planned tracks a miss due to the deteriorating weather and headed out to the main road. I had to go into Lithgow to pickup something I had bought on eBay a few days before, so we parted ways at Slate Mine Gully Road. I headed to Lithgow and the rest of the crew headed to Zig Zag to air up.

It was a fun and fast trip with only 2 casualities to report. Dru damaged his rear fender and Jack lost his rear mud flap.

Hope to see you guys again on more trips (roster permitting)

BTW we got a brief on the cyclic roster today by the rosters unit. It will be implemented towards the mid of this year and will give me a planned rotating roster for 1 full year in advance. So I can plan trips with a bit more notice.

Cheers

Manihttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a9502d0...225-WA0044.mp4http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a9502ef...225-WA0036.mp4http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a950311...225-WA0012.mp4http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a950332...225-WA0043.mp4http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a950326...225-WA0038.mp4http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5a950336...225-WA0012.mp4

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk