Hi Dru,

The first thing I'd suggest you do is identify which of the 2 boxes you have; the earlier Delphi box is not painted and has "Delphi" cast into the side. You can check this by pulling/lifting up the inner flare on the drivers side wheel arch. The latter box is chinese made, it is painted black and has no branding. The chinese box can also be identified by the presence of a rubber boot on the input shaft (just prior to the u-joint that connects to the steering wheel shaft). This can be seen from the top if you look down in the engine bay.

To my knowledge, the chinese box is basically a throwaway item, I've never seen any parts available for it. The Delphi box is rebuildable, however. Parts are available through mopar and PSC Motorsports in the USA.

For RHD vehicles, I've searched long and hard for an upgraded unit, but never found one - unfortunately.

I dare say your truck will have the latter chinese box (because its a Pentastar engine and they changed the box around that time).

You can get a new box (chinese) for around $2k + install. But another option might be to get a second hand Delphi box for around $700, and get it rebuilt for around $400.

Just be aware that the JK and JKU are not interchangeable.

Regards,
Jack