Thread: Beefsteak/K Range/Little River trails viability

Default Beefsteak/K Range/Little River trails viability

Hi everyone,

I've been looking at some trails in Kanangra Boyd NP, with the idea to link a few of them together into a C/C+ grade route through Gibraltar Rocks and Bowtells swing bridge. One of the possible ideas seems to be to start on Black Range road, but then turn north onto Beefsteak fire trail, follow it via K Range and Little River fire trails until it joins Mini Mini trail, and from there go to Gibraltar rocks, then south east via Mini Mini fire trail and Waterfall trail fire trail to the swing bridge, and then exit north from there to Coxs River Road and Little Hartley.

I haven't been to the first part of this track yet (Beefsteak to Mini Mini), and I've found mixed reports online about its viability - including an old topic right here at SJC saying that K Range was completely blocked by a closed gate - so I'm just looking to get some feedback here on the viability of this plan.

Does anyone think that Beefsteak-to-Mini-Mini part doesn't make sense, and it's better to just start on Mini Mini road and go towards Gibraltar rocks right away? Or has anyone been there lately, and can report that it's actually passable now?

Finally - is there anyone who might want to join me for a reccie on one of the weekends to see what it's like there first-hand?

Cheers

Beefsteak is gated, locked when it's wet, last time I did it it rained and took us around 4hrs to get 8 vehicle 200m with 3 winches. It's been graded in places since then but they gate it as they got sick of having people get stuck there in the wet No idea on it's grade now but at the 6ft track end it's an easy C, drops into the creek and then climbs out, assuming it is harder there, the trail down into the creek used to be fun, coming out and up the other side was the tough bit though.

Cheers
    Steve
    Public Officer - Member #076

yeah, I figured that it's a no-go when it's wet, so considering it after a dry period only really