Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EOI - volunteers for Driver Training assessment Wagga 14/15 July

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Secretary

Default EOI - volunteers for Driver Training assessment Wagga 14/15 July

Hi All,

The 4WD Association has advised that they are looking to sign off on DTU (Driver Training Unit) Trainers/Assessors for clubs.
    Brian Flood will be nominated to be the driver trainer for the club in round 1, and this will allow certified training to our members.

In order to be signed off as Trainers, we have been asked to attend a roadshow in Wagga on the weekend of 14 and 15 July, where the DTU Partner Getabout will review and assess the Trainers as they provide training to volunteer students, and we can then start to run and sign assessments.

We are therefore asking for up to 2 volunteer students to join Brian at Wagga for the weekend to assist the club, so that we can have approved Trainers that can provide certified training.

So Expressions of Interest for now please.

Any questions please ask.

Here is an excerpt from the 4WD Association email:

So how are we going to do this?

• We are planning a Road Show at Wagga on the 14th and 15th of July 2018.

• At the last DTU meeting John Eggenhuizen has agreed to have GTS in attendance at the road show, so that they can observe the Trainers and Assessors training and assessing.

• John Eggenhuizen has recommended that we have a ratio of 1 trainer/ Assessor to 2 students, so that they can be properly assessed in a real training and assessment situation.
    • We will need the Qualifications, Trainer and Assessor Professional Development Record, and Trainer and Assessor Matrix paperwork from the Trainers/Assessors completed so that verifications can be done, and any short falls can be addressed before the course.
    • As we require 2 students for each Trainer/Assessor, so we will need to confirm numbers of Trainers/Assessors first so that we can have the required student openings.

What are our aims for the roadshow?

1. To have our qualified TAE40110 or above Trainer/Assessors signed off as competent by GTS so that they can start to train and assess on their own.
    2. To have several trainees trained and assessed.
    3. To promote the DTU and the work its doing.

More information will be sent out soon, so when you receive information we ask that you act on it as soon as you can

Thanks you

Pete Wade
    4wd NSW & ACT Chairperson
    Last edited by richhenning; 17-06-18 at 03:25 PM.

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Let's get behind this!!

SJC has been trying to ensure we are at the forefront of formally certified training for some time. Having Rich and Brian available as assessors as well as trainers is a HUGE fillip for the club.

Unfortunately Kerry and I will be crossing the Simpson otherwise Kerry would be lining up for sure.

I did the basic Course with the DTU last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is definitely worth doing.

Let's get behind this one

Dru'n'Kerry

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Quote Originally Posted by richhenning View Post
    Hi All,

The 4WD Association has advised that they are looking to sign off on DTU (Driver Training Unit) Trainers/Assessors for clubs.
    Brian Flood and I will be nominated to be the driver trainers for the club in round 1, and this will allow us to provide certified training to our members. As at this time, Brian is to be confirmed as accepting the nomination.

In order for us to be signed off as Trainers, we have been asked to attend a roadshow in Wagga on the weekend of 14 and 15 July, where the DTU Partner Getabout will review and assess the Trainers as they provide training to volunteer students, and we can then start to run and sign assessments.

We are therefore asking for up to 4 volunteer students to join Brian and I at Wagga for the weekend to assist the club, so that we can have approved Trainers that can provide certified training.

So Expressions of Interest for now please.

Any questions please ask.

Richard
    0400 513 630

More information will be sent out soon, so when you receive information we ask that you act on it as soon as you can

Thanks you

Pete Wade
    4wd NSW & ACT Chairperson
    Hi Rich,

I’m in on the desert crossing trip as well, and like Dru I’d be all over this if I wasn’t, but I’m curious:

Would participation be free of charge, and also be accredited / certified for the volunteer trainees?

Sounds like a fantastic opportunity!

Cheers,
    Nick

I to would have been all over this, but am also going on the Simpson trip [emoji20].

Best of encouragement to those that can participate.

Sean

Secretary

Thanks Sean C for the encouragement. There will be future opportunities I am sure.

@Nick - don't know yet about any costs for participation. I have asked and will post up here any information that comes back. Will also ask, but I am assuming Certification for the unit
    SISODRV302A-Drive and recover a 4WD.

Edit - yes confirmed Certification will be the outcome and the cost is $90.
    Last edited by richhenning; 18-06-18 at 10:36 AM.

Yes I'll be there!!

Rich, Brian: I've got that weekend free, definitely expressing interest, please let me know when it's confirmed.
    Martin H. | 2014 JK Unlimited (white) | 2015 Grand Cherokee (max. steel)

Visitor

I am interested in attending as a volunteer too. And as a relatively new person would certainly benefit from the training.

Cheers
    Ben

I’m keen. I’ll be in Wagga anyway. Can I bring the family?