Thread: JK Leaks: Door alignment + hard top seals

Default JK Leaks: Door alignment + hard top seals

All,

Like I suspect a lot of people have experienced who left their JK out in the rain during the recent heavy rains ive found a couple of minor and not so minor leaks, I've read the JK Leaks PDF and replaced some foam on the hard top panels near the A pillar which stopped the leaking in that location however there is a leak between the door and the where it seals on the body (common location).

Before I start messing with the door alignment on the inner hinge to pull it in a bit tighter i've started a seal conditioner treatment to see if that helps (enough).

Depending on use/storage, the hard top foam replacement would appear to me to be at least a yearly exercise. Door alignment less so, as it should only need doing if/when the seal compresses in or the seal is replaced.

What's the SJC consensus? Ignore minor leaks [carpet out]? DIY every now and then like I am currently? Is there a workshop which has some knowledge/experience in this?
    Martin H. | 2014 JK Unlimited (white) | 2015 Grand Cherokee (max. steel)

Visitor

Yeah, it's funny, a lot of peaple have leak problems of different sorts. I've had my jku since 2012 and have never had a problem until 2 weeks ago. A lot of garden hose work and i pin pointed the issues to a small tear in the freedom panel seal above the driveres seat. I take those off alot. Bit of liquid electrical tape over the tear and now it's perfect again. That stuff is awesome!

Jack

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk