Thread: Bush Mechanic Course?

Default Bush Mechanic Course?

Hi all, Pam here

Nick and I are looking to complete a sort of basic, one to three day mechanic/vehicle repair course, prior to our 1-year trip around Australia (departing 20 June).

I've done some research and it seems like the courses on offer are either too long (6 months+) or too basic (how to change a tyre, how to change an air filter).

Does anyone have any recommendations for something a bit more middle-of-the-road? We do not want to try to do major repairs ourselves...more equip ourselves with enough basic knowledge to put a band-aid in place until we limp to the nearest repair shop (which could be hundreds of kms away).

Sort of like a "Jeep First Aid" course!

Thanks and cheers
    Pam

Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk View Post
    Hi all, Pam here

Nick and I are looking to complete a sort of basic, one to three day mechanic/vehicle repair course, prior to our 1-year trip around Australia (departing 20 June).

I've done some research and it seems like the courses on offer are either too long (6 months+) or too basic (how to change a tyre, how to change an air filter).

Does anyone have any recommendations for something a bit more middle-of-the-road? We do not want to try to do major repairs ourselves...more equip ourselves with enough basic knowledge to put a band-aid in place until we limp to the nearest repair shop (which could be hundreds of kms away).

Sort of like a "Jeep First Aid" course!

Thanks and cheers
    Pam
    Hi Pam -

awesome idea ... sign me up when you figure it all out... thanks.

On a separate but related topic... apart from getting the car serviced does anyone have a workshop that they recommend or a checklist of must dos/checks on jeeps prior to tackling a long trip.

Hitesh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go and see Sam and Ian at Hills 4X4 for a pre trip inspection. Could save you a motzza. Doggy.

Don't forget Eddy and Avi in Third Ave in Blacktown.... Really depends on your location....
    JC Member# 094

Oh yeah, pre-trip detailed inspection definitely on the pre-departure checklist

Just booked this one in Lithgow on 16 June for $300, if anyone else wants to join: https://www.getabout.edu.au/product.asp?id=9&pid=8