Thread: Engine Upgrades

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Engine Upgrades

Hi all,

Does anyone know much about engine upgrades, more specifically tuning?

I'm going to try and install air new cold intake system and get a whole new cat back system for the jku.

I was told I'd need to further tune it? Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

Visitor

I’ve put in a new cold air intake (Air raid) over 2 years ago and haven’t needed to tune it. Haven’t done the exhaust but interested in any findings on that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will keep you updated with how it goes. Any noticeable difference with the new cold air intake?
    Will keep you updated with how it goes. Any noticeable difference with the new cold air intake?

Visitor

Yep. Nicer sound, a bit better fuel economy but no appreciable difference in power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

I run the Mopar CAI and CatBack systems in my 2015 Rubi shorty. Car sounds much deeper, definite power increase but no real change in fuel consumption. No tune required.

Cheers,

Kevin.

Thanks Kevin, i'm going to do that and try a dyno tune. Been thinking about supercharging it, but I feel like it may be overkill hahaha

Any new updates on this?