Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Driver Training Assessment - Wagga Wagga 14/15 July

Secretary

Default Driver Training Assessment - Wagga Wagga 14/15 July

We now have our four students, thanks everyone.

Driver Training assessment is confirmed for the weekend of 14/15 July in Wagga.

Brian Flood and I will be training our members, and assessed at the same time to be competent to run club training in the future.

Original thread here:
    http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/showth...ighlight=wagga

Interested students should register at the link below, and the training will result in the Certification 'Drive and Recover a 4WD.'

Details received from the NSW 4WD Association:

Subject: Student registration for Wagga road show
    Hi all
    I have registered the upcoming road show with getabout training services as a basic 4wd course, if you would like your students to attend the weekend , and if they pass receive a certificate then they will need to register via the link, we have 14 spaces so they will need to be quick, it’s a first in first serve basis, the cost for the course is $90.00 payable to GTS.

https://mastersit.com.au/vidatek/wp/.../5638/getabout

This is an agenda for the weekend

Wagga road show 14th and 15th of July 2018

Saturday 14th of July 2018 (Quarry)
    8.00am sign in
    8.15am welcome address, introductions
    9.00am John Eggenhuizen from GTS address
    9.30am morning tea
    9.45am Start into training sessions, the plan will be to have staged areas
    1. Theory presentations (Quarry) using display trailer and portable presentation stands
    2. Stall start recovery (Quarry)
    12.00 Lunch
    3. Pre- departures (Quarry)
    4. Reading the terrain, picking the lines (Quarry)
    5. Wheel changes (Quarry)
    6. Start on Recovery. (Quarry)
    4.30pm wrap up for the day (Quarry)
    6.30 pm Saturday meal at the RSL Club members to buy their own meals, debrief for the day.

Sunday 15th of July 2018
    8.00am start
    7. Recovery, Snatch strapping, Continue (Quarry)
    10.00am morning Tea
    8. Driving in different terrains
    12.00pm Lunch
    12.30pm paperwork submissions, ensuring everything is signed off correctly
    Address by John Eggenhuizen and the DTU to outcomes of the weekend
    2.00pm wrap up

Thanks
    Peter Wade
    DTU Chairperson

Where: The Quarry, Wagga Wagga.
    Directions to Wagga Wagga Four Wheel Drive Club Inc Quarry Training Area

From Wagga Wagga, travel east on the Sturt Highway to Alfredtown

Alfredtown is just across the Kyeamba Creek bridge, 12 km from Wagga Wagga and 5 km east of the Forest Hill RAAF Base. The Shanty service station is on the left at Alfredtown.

Just past the service station, turn left down River Road and drive for about 200m.

The Quarry Training Area (QTA) is through the gate on the right just past an old hay shed. There is a sign on the gate.

The gate MUST be kept closed at all times, and locked when the QTA is not in use.

Follow the signs up the hill to our drive training area.

When: 14 & 15 July

Meet: 8am Sat 14 July Quarry.

Time: as per agenda

Requirements: You and your vehicle.
    Wagga 4WD Club will be providing tea/coffee and lunches (sausage/rissole sandwiches and coleslaw, maybe some soup). The Association is covering the cost. Bring a folding chair, plate, mug, WARM clothes and wet weather gear.

Camping equipment required:
    We do have a rough bush camping area you can use. It is 100 m from the training area. LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU WILL BE ARRIVING because we have to keep the gate locked. We will be at the training area Friday afternoon setting up a tarp and the toilet etc. There will be a bush drop toilet but no showers or water. It WILL be cold (and maybe wet). Expect temps of say minus 2 to max 10 - 14. If windy there will be wind chill. There is a fire place.The alternative is caravan parks in Forest Hill or Wagga Wagga. There are plenty of motels. call John Kent on 0419 691 218.

This run is limited to: Not sure if there is a limit, will find out. Need at least 4 students.

Further info contact Richard:

Attending:
    1.Rich Henning (Trainer being assessed)
    2.Brian Flood
    (Trainer being assessed)

Students:
    1. JK Menace - Dennis
    2. Jeep 11 - Steve
    3. Teshie - Ritesh
    4. Easy 77 - Dusan
    Last edited by richhenning; 30-11-18 at 03:04 PM.

Visitor

Hi Rich and Brian,
    we should be in Wagga at the QTA by Friday afternoon as well.

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

All the best guys.

IMHO you blokes are involved in the most important thing the SJC has been involved in since Jambo.

Hat's off and THANKS!

Dru'n'Kerry

Secretary

We are on track for this weekend in Wagga. Weather is good, although a bit chilly.
    If you are camping, when you arrive at the Quarry gates this afternoon, call John Kent on 0419 691 218.

I will be in Wagga around 6.30pm today, staying at the City Park Motel. If I don't see you this evening, will see you at the quarry on Saturday morning. Directions are in the first post.
    Any problems call me on 0400 513 630.
    Richard

Saturday 14 July

SummaryMin -1Max 11Morning frost. Cloudy.Chance of any rain: 5% Cloudy. Morning frost. Light winds.

Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low]

Sunday 15 July

SummaryMin -1Max 12Morning frost. Cloudy.Chance of any rain: 5% Cloudy. Morning frost. Light winds.

Sun protection not recommended, UV Index predicted to reach 2 [Low]
    Last edited by richhenning; 13-07-18 at 10:38 AM.

Secretary

Thanks to our club members for supporting the club, and making the trip to Wagga.

So a big thank you to George, Steve C, Ritesh, Dennis and Dusan. Cheers gents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by richhenning; 16-07-18 at 08:39 PM.

Visitor

Having dropped out of the Simpson desert trip, I was free and rather keen to make something out of all the prep work I did for the desert.
    Thank you Richard and Teshie for helping with getting me on the "last minute" list!

Most of our club members camped on the grounds that the Wagga 4x4 club uses as their playground. We turned up in a really great numbers; I recon we were the second largest contingent after the Wagga 4x4 itself - well done members!

The weather was great; it was either cold or just bloody cold. In sub-zero temperatures, the fire clearly had to be slightly larger than average too. We certainly did whatever was necessary to preserve life.

The Wagga guys were great, very hospitable and deserve to be aplauded for hosting this training session. The training itself was not difficult as long as you didn't need to use hands/fingers for any fine work; honestly, the cold in the morning was unbelievable .

After the two days of trainig some of us made this into a recce trip and drove around Snowy Mountains, crossing the border between NSW and Victoria several times in just a couple of days. The places that we visited include Tom Groggin, Geehi flats, Cabramurra, Kiandra, Khancoban, Corryong ... and surrounds. Yes, we had a great time.

Pictures to follow.
    Last edited by Easy77; 19-07-18 at 09:44 PM.

Visitor

The camp:

Visitor

Global warming...

Visitor

The classroom:

Visitor

Just chilling: