Thread: Driver Training Assessment - Wagga Wagga 14/15 July

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Visitor

Having dropped out of the Simpson desert trip, I was free and rather keen to make something out of all the prep work I did for the desert.
    Thank you Richard and Teshie for helping with getting me on the "last minute" list!

Most of our club members camped on the grounds that the Wagga 4x4 club uses as their playground. We turned up in a really great numbers; I recon we were the second largest contingent after the Wagga 4x4 itself - well done members!

The weather was great; it was either cold or just bloody cold. In sub-zero temperatures, the fire clearly had to be slightly larger than average too. We certainly did whatever was necessary to preserve life.

The Wagga guys were great, very hospitable and deserve to be aplauded for hosting this training session. The training itself was not difficult as long as you didn't need to use hands/fingers for any fine work; honestly, the cold in the morning was unbelievable .

After the two days of trainig some of us made this into a recce trip and drove around Snowy Mountains, crossing the border between NSW and Victoria several times in just a couple of days. The places that we visited include Tom Groggin, Geehi flats, Cabramurra, Kiandra, Khancoban, Corryong ... and surrounds. Yes, we had a great time.

Pictures to follow.
    Last edited by Easy77; 19-07-18 at 10:44 PM.