Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wattagans Reccie Sat 4-8-18

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EasylyConfused View Post
    As I have not heard back, I won’t be joining you today. Just wanted to ensure you don’t wait for me thinking I am just going to show up. Best of luck out there today.
    Sorry to have missed you last night EasylyConfused. Stay in touch, there will be plenty of opportunity.

DRU'N'KERRY

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Quick report back.

1. The Watagans are VERY dry. Normally mud-bogs galore there are few there at the moment.
    2. Many of the trails have deteriorated in the dry. Some trail challenge gradings may need revisited.

We did a quick back at the show grounds and used that as our start point. Most trips will be using Mandalong Rd to access the Watagans from the camp ground.
    CPT80's famous bog has been tamed by the drought and a bypass. BUT the climbs are C++ with plenty of options.
    Sawpit remains much as remembered. We use an entry/exit that avoids the serial bogs which in this case are STILL there. Leaves this track as C+
    Greens Break is totally changed. The log challenge is much as it always has been - advantage to the shorties. But the climb is now a B grade and requires plenty of articulation and clearance.
    MacKenzie is as it always has been, fabulous interlude on a C or C+ trip

There was a motorbike comp on in the Farrells and we couldn't find a way around them, so we need to revisit them on another week.

Thanks to Rich, Sean and Daphne for making a great day out.

Everyone reading, keep an eye out for the reccies, join in, get ready for Grease Monkey!

Dru'n'Kerry

Thanks Dru & Kerry for guidance today, we had a great time. Looking forward to more recces.

Here’s a video from today.

https://www.facebook.com/621091295/p...5426356181296/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk