Thread: Change oil warning

Default Change oil warning

Hi All,
    Recently got the change oil warning coming up when you turn on the ignition, I have been servicing my JK myself for some time now, previously when this alarm came on I’d take it to a dealer to reset it, can it be reset without taking it to a dealer? My closest dealer is 100k away in Bathurst.
    can it be reset or am I stuck with taking it to the dealer.
    i do have a Procal, but have only ever used this to correct the diff/tyre size, can this be used.
    Regards
    Andrew

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

I think Kerry (clever Lady!) resets it with a thing that plugs in to read the error codes. Not the procal though. I don't recall the "thing" being very expensive and Kerry reads it from an iPhone ap. When I get home I'll dig out the details of the "thing" (yes, very technological I know). Got to be cheaper than a long journey to the dealer.

Note that while it resets the error code/light, if there is something going on it will simply come up again. About 3m onto the dirt at the start of the Birdsville trek our "check engine light" came up. (Stress!) Resetting worked until the computer picked up the same thing again, and on comes the bloody light and the driver stress levels. Turns out to be a faulty oxygen sensor in the catalytic converter that we were apparently were in no real danger over. <phew>

Visitor

Turn the ignition to Run, without starting it. Depress the accelerator pedal to the floor 3 times in 10 seconds. Turn the ignition off and then start the car - the light, which is the service interval indicator, should now be reset and will come on when it is next due

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that sounds too easy, will go outside now and try it, thanks, will keep you posted

WOW, was very surprised it was that easy.
    Next,
    now to be a pest, how do I get rid of the low tyre pressure alarm, I'm running aftermarket rugged ridge mags with 33" tyres, these were on it when I purchased it 4 years ago, and I just put up with it, is there a fix?

You can use the Procal for that - I believe you need your first 3 dip switches up and the rest down. Same as the service interval, put the module into the OBD port turn the ignition on without starting wait for the horn to beep, turn the ignition of and remove the Procal. This should disable the TPMS. If you have a 2013 or 2014 model, you may need to disconnect the battery for 10 mins also.

Thanks, mines a 2010, will try in the morning.
    Cheers
    Andrew

Visitor

Ditto for the procal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks guys, TPMS is off, I should have looked at the instruction sheet that came with the PROCAL, it tells you there as well.