Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watagans reccie #3

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

We always enjoy being on the trails but Kerry and I today had one of those truly special days. I really hope that Ben enjoyed it as much (unfortunately Stephen was unable to join us).

Bit of everything.

We toyed with Drury Lane before having to turn back at a point inappropriate to C grade, C+ or even B. BUT found that we can tag Drury Lane together with side routes. Mostly C+ but some that can work with C grade. (haha! Dru'n'Kerry C grade with entertainment!) There is real opportunity in that area of Jilliby.

We visited some old trails - first trail we did with SJC. The horror section that took 5 hours to travel 400m when we last did it is now quite dry. "Quite" meaning there are challenging bogs for anyone but certainly for a WJ (think I have that right!). This said the twin locked-vary locked diffs provided awesome performance on all trails.

We hit some harder stuff that was not expected, lot's of fun, wont be added in to the trip list for Grease Monkey, but both vehicles had plenty of fun.

We had not 1, not 2, but 3, yes THREE hail (sic) storms.

The result has been a true reccie, varying in and out of the intended C grade, and we think possibly we have pinned together a third C Grade trip in the Watagans. Geez Ben, you are a champion. Looking forward to getting Pat and Hitesh, and hopefully Adrian, out to play with it in Watagans reccie #4. I think you guys are going to like it.

Fabulous day. Exhausted. Feel like we achieved something.

Dru'n'Kerry
    Last edited by Dru; 26-08-18 at 09:00 AM.

Visitor

Thanks Dru and Kerry, for a fabulous day out.

The WH Grand is truly a underrated package, especially with the Diesel and Quadradrive 2.

The hail certainly got quite heavy in the middle there.

We found a couple of spots the Grand just didn't have the breakover for and had to be gently tugged back onto it's tyres. No damage though.

Looking forward to another Reccie in a few weeks, and of course, Grease Monkey itself.

Cheers
    Ben