Thread: WK2 Help wanted Grease Monkey

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Default WK2 Help wanted Grease Monkey

Looking for assistance from club members with Grand Cherokees. It is likely that we will get stock WK2 from the Show joining us at Grease Monkey. There are a couple of day trips planned - Stockton, Hunter etc, but I am looking for something like a mini day based on:

INTRODUCTION TO YOUR JEEP

You can put it together however you want but my thoughts are:

x at the Show Ground
    what do the buttons do? How do you get into low range? How do you pump the suspension? What happens with the suspension when you get to 40kph? How does the nav tool trace your trip? Tyre pressures? (Not below 24psi please!)

x Then out to the trails, very much keeping away from the scratchy stuff (remember you cant guarantee this you can only targettracks that were clear at the reccie) We have a coupe of very short side climbs off the graded trails that you could repeat so people can try those buttons. Hill descent maybe.

x Continue the graded trails to a little known view point (Burma Rd)

x returning home do a loop through the wonderful McKenzies - a C grade with a little history and gorgeous country. Other trips will also be picking up McKenzies but the timing should easily split groups.

x Return home graded trails via a Parks view point. There is an hour walk there if wanted.

Suggest also offer a chat around the fire that night to talk about mods, roof racks, recovery points, fridges, shelves, whatever you have done that you like.

So an introduction day, basically designed to let people play with the Jeep's equipment in a low stress run picking up places of beauty.

Either respond to this thread or send me a pm, but the SJC needs you We have plenty of time to show you the trails and walk you through it.

Dru'n'Kerry

Default WK2 Help wanted Grease Monkey

Definitely do able, although there are still a few things in my WK2 that I haven’t played with. [emoji848]

Reckon Greg (if repaired) would be perfect for this, he is a font of knowledge on Facebook, although Hunty is catching up fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dave; 23-08-18 at 03:21 PM.

Thanks Dave. Let's chat. Adrian has also offered which is great.

Dru,
    yes, i’m In for this, but I have a clash of dares for the new weekend, so have to sort out exactly when I can be there.
    Greg

Let us know how that works out. It would be fabulous to have your input.

Happy to help too! I’ve pressed all the buttons and taken the Grand through the Snowy’s at the beginning of this year, so have a pretty good idea of what it does what and some good ways to drive off-road making the most of what the car has to offer (and most but not all of its limitations).

Quote Originally Posted by TrailHunt View Post
    Happy to help too! I�ve pressed all the buttons and taken the Grand through the Snowy�s at the beginning of this year, so have a pretty good idea of what it does what and some good ways to drive off-road making the most of what the car has to offer (and most but not all of its limitations).
    Excellent! You are on the list for this.