Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watagans Reccie #5 - Sunday trip

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Default Watagans Reccie #5 - Sunday trip

Update

Pat and Hitesh are revisiting their trip on Sunday and we will merge this into the repeat reccie.

OK guys, I've relented and we'll do this next one on a Sunday. 16-9-18.

Currently we have no particular focus for the trip so let us know what you would like. Sean/Rich/Hitesh & Pat - let us know if there is something you would like to revisit. Note that Hitesh has put his hand up.

Otherwise we may look to a D/C, thinking about a bit more bitumen and a bit of touring through the area. We could also drop through Stockton.

I'll post details of meet up etc a little later. Vehicle requirements will depend if the guys want to revisit the C and C+ stuff. But you want stand SJC provisions of recovery gear, recovery points front and rear.

This means the trip is C Grade - with plenty of challenge points which should satisfy anyone looking for C+

Where: Watagans

When: SUNDAY 16th September 2018 day trip - to leave meet point at 9:00am Pleaes note change in timing. We intend leaving the service area latest 8:15. You need to allow at least 15 mins for fuel etc.

Meet: M1 Motorway services traveling North, just past Wyong. On Google it's called F3 Wyong North bound (Twin Servos). There is a Macca's and a healthy fast food as well.

Grade:
    Well it's a reccie so formally this is X grade - unknown; foucs to be agreed C Grade with plenty of challenge points

Requirements: Recovery gear, recovery points front and back - TBC

This run is limited to: List is full

Attending:

1. dru - Dru'n'Kerry, JK
    2. RDO401 - Ed, JKU
    3. Hitesh
    4. Hitesh guest - Land Cruiser
    5. Hitesh guest - Amarok
    6. Hitesh guest - JKU
    7. Dave Knighton - JKU
    8. Adrian
    Last edited by Dru; 15-09-18 at 07:52 AM.

Hi Dru'n'Kerry, add me to the list please. JKU, 2inch lift, stock tires. Happy to have a crack up at C+

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Great Ed (think I have that right?). Let's play with a little C+

Sounds good. Ed.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

OK we are squeezing in David Knighton as well. Bit big for a reccie, got to call it a full blown rehearsal. BWahaha.

Umm, though at this point, sorry to any others, the list really is closed.

Dru

Thought I'd start making a habit of posting our pre-trip checks.

Closed trails
    Parks: Nothing new in either either Jilliby or Watagans, though one closure due to road works is due to finish today.
    Forestries: Nothing of note

Weather
    In a nutshell hot, dry and windy. Some tiny chance of rain, horrible day to be boating offshore with winds around 30Kn (60kmh) starting from the north and shift to coming from the SW as we leave to go home. Possible brach over trail risk. I'll pack the drag chains and my hand cutter, if someone has a chainsaw, bring it.

Temperature tops out at 30 degrees between 1:00 and 4:00. Bring the suncream and keep the a/c cranked up. Bring plenty of water as with this trip there is likely to be some physical activity on some of the pinch points - in the heat.

Fires
    Nothing in our area of activity. There is a fire to the west between Wollemi and Yengo - so a fair way away. Those winds mean we'll check again on Sat am, and re-brief at the check in point.

Hi All,
    I am on this one as well as TEC.

Best regards Adrian.
    SJC #319

Quote Originally Posted by Goneagain View Post
    Hi All,
    I am on this one as well as TEC.

Best regards Adrian.
    Got it.

Dry

Visitor

Awesome [emoji122] day out today...

8 cars on the trail on my first time out as trip leader... there was a lot of great support and encouragement from Dru n Kerry and Adrian plus others.

We ended up completing 4 “stages” of the trip each with increasing levels of challenges.

We ended up with a recovery to be carried out in stage 4 of the trip...great demonstration plus ended up getting all the recovery gear dirty so a real bonus [emoji106][emoji28]

I will post another day trip prior to the Grease Monkey to become more familiar with the area.

PS we saw 2 Lyrebirds today.... what do you call a number of Lyrebirds hanging out together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visitor

Thanks Guys. Very enjoyable day out. An impressive linking together of moderate tracks, with alot of ground covered. The non jeeps did good considering their natural handicap