Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another TJ build but with a bite — Meet Venom

Default Another TJ build but with a bite — Meet Venom

Purchased this project TJ that had been Offroad for a couple of years .. partially in pieces , no rear diff, and motor bastardised with half a turbo... but it had a Rubicon Express LA’s and low k’s .. originally owned by s member from the mid 2000’s Antz .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

This was back when it was new [emoji15]. It’s a 2003

So the TJ got its name as I found some snake skin while I was cleaning it. Previous owner was a breeder [emoji15]

So first job was rebuilding the Diffs. I had a HP30 perfect for the task , stripped it down painted and replaced the bushes. Even got the misses to help.

DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Diffs were dropped off to Southcoast 4wd Centre for rebuilding with new internals, ratios to 4.88 and ARB lockers
    In the meantime I worked on the engine running and fixing some dodgy wiring .. replace alot of the hardware with new bolts n washers while everything was apart .

The new HP30 ready for install

The rear diff installed..

Was a mission but installed both diffs all by myself.. [emoji51]

Yes that last pick is a strange one .. this has a triangulated RE rear end[emoji106]

Here I am adjusting the front steering after I installed the front.

Nearly finished, driving light wiring was damaged needs repairing, hole in exhaust , brakes and hand brake needs replacing and extended lines.

Off to get it blueslipped and regoed..
    couple of minor issues but it passed[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

I forgot to install the front Drive shaft before the bluey.. lol .. here it is and I had to reinstall the 4wd selector .. big job dropping the big bash plate..

Couple more thing to do and it should be ready for Grease Monkey. Get the extended brake lines installed and replace the oxygen sensor after the cat.

Ordered 2 months ago some MetalCloak armour and fenders but there stuck in customs .. custom 8” wide [emoji106]

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Sensational work Jose. I'm looking forward to meeting Venom!

Awesome work Jose! It’ll be a beast off road, best Colin too
    Cheers Rod - TJ

Went for a test run on Saturday to my local ....

Airing down... it’s huge compared to my
    Mates GQ shorty

Just some wheel lifts.

Still Need a Little Work on driver side shock retainer on the rear[emoji15]..
    but the triangulated rear is working amazing with no binding.

Completed the MetalCloak fender install today ..