Thread: Elio's JK

Default Elio's JK

Haven't updated my TJ post in a while, but I sold the old girl after getting it rock ready with gears, lockers and sliders, and now I find myself starting all over again with a JKU. Plan is this time to build more of a tourer. Want to keep it simple but only time will tell what I end up doing to it.
    It's a 2010 CRD, I purchased off a colleague at work, who purchased it off the original owner to make a quick buck on it. 77000kms, full service history, new 295/70r17 Nitto's, new Optima battery, 2.25" OME suspension with fixed arms, front and rear Mopar bars, Premier winch, IDrive unit and a host of other goodies, and I still got it for a song, so my colleague must've gotten it really cheap.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    #366. TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle

First mods. Relocate the front plate, fit mud flaps and refit my plates back onto the JK. No expense spared lol.
    I've also just replaced the timing belt and water pump (preventative maintenance). Wasn't that a fun job [emoji849]
    And while I was under the vehicle, I discovered the gearbox is leaking oil. Ah the joys of buying a second hand car

Also took it for a flex test down at my local park. Not too shabby I think for a Wrangler that doesn't have quick disconnects yet. The brake hoses at the rear were really tight though so I'm probably going to have to do these sooner rather than later.