Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On All 4s Challenge SJC team for 2019

Default On All 4s Challenge SJC team for 2019

Hi is there any interest for some competitors for 2019... no pressure as I’m also a member of the Shellharbour 4wd Club.

https://www.onall4s4wd.com.au/on-all-4-s-challenge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DIESELCON - DC Mk 2 - 2015 WK2 CRD 33" ATR's on 17" sevens, 2" lift & 2000 TJ on 35's beadlocks

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Think you might find a couple Jose. Not sure how I would go with the class but I’m interested.

Yes John n i are keen but for standard class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Visitor

Hmmmmm, I don't think my QD2 Equipped Grand is basic enough to fit into the Standard class. 2 lockers, and no real way to disable it LOL.

Also keen for standard class, just wont touch the locker buttons

This is a bit sucky though, standard class but not... Vehicles fitted with traction control, will incur a 10 point penalty per track if competing in Standard and modified class, if traction control is disabled no penalties will be applied. You can run a LSD though, but no traction control, so effectively the Wranglers will be at a disadvantage out of the box even though we all know they are the best standard vehicles offroad.

Cheers
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve F; 11-12-18 at 11:28 PM.
    Public Officer - Member #076

We are interested for the standard class too.

The traction control turns off automatically when the wranglers are in 4 Low. So should be no penalty.

Sean & Daf

Trip Coordinator/Association Delegate Dru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
    We are interested for the standard class too.

The traction control turns off automatically when the wranglers are in 4 Low. So should be no penalty.

Sean & Daf
    I thought this too but in the advanced training they challenged my assertion. I was wrong. The ESC/Stability control turns off in low range, but traction control is active in fact this is when traction control is working hardest.

ps seems like we might build a reasonable crew!

Quote Originally Posted by Dru View Post
    I thought this too but in the advanced training they challenged my assertion. I was wrong. The ESC/Stability control turns off in low range, but traction control is active in fact this is when traction control is working hardest.

ps seems like we might build a reasonable crew!
    Actually the traction control is technically off in 4 Low but the BLD (Brake locking Differential) is on, BLD is a simplier version of the traction control but only works on the same axle, so more like a LSD in the front and rear It does get referred to as traction control as well though

Here's a good explanation, the important bit is BLD doen't cut engine power so you don't get that bogged down feeling like you would with traction control in sand or deep mud, it's all done with the brakes. Not sure if it will be classed as traction control by the event organisers, thinking probably Yes.

https://blog.fcanorthamerica.com/200...rol-explained/

Cheers
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve F; 12-12-18 at 07:01 PM.
    Public Officer - Member #076

Here is how Jeep write it up: https://www.mopar.com/moparsvc/twedd...ations?id=2050

Electronic Stability Control(ESC) — Full Off

4H Range

ESC Full Off

This mode is entered by pushing and holding the ESC OFF switch for five seconds. In the "ESC Full Off" mode, the engine torque reduction and stability features are disabled. Therefore, the enhanced vehicle stability offered by ESC is unavailable. In an emergency evasive maneuver, the ESC system will not engage to assist in maintaining stability. “ESC Full Off” mode is intended for off-highway or off-road use only. When in "ESC Full Off" mode, ESC and TCS, except for the Brake Limited Differential (BLD) are turned off until the vehicle reaches an approximate speed of 40 mph (64 km/h). For speeds at or exceeding approximately 40 mph(64 km/h) the ESC goes into "ESC Partial Off". When the vehicle speed drops below 35 mph(56 km/h), the ESC system goes back to "ESC Full Off". To turn ESC on again, momentarily push the ESC OFF switch. This will restore normal “ESC On” mode of operation. The "ESC Off Indicator Light” will always be illuminated when ESC is in "ESC Partial Off" and "ESC full Off".

4L Range

ESC Full Off

This is the normal operating mode for ESC in 4L range. Whenever the vehicle is started in 4L range, or the transfer case (if equipped) is shifted from 4H range or NEUTRAL to 4L range, the ESC system will be in this mode. In 4L range, ESC and TCS, except for the Brake Limited Differential (BLD) are turned off until the vehicle reaches an approximate speed of 40 mph (64 km/h). For speeds at or exceeding approximately 40 mph (64 km/h) the ESC goes into "ESC Partial Off" When the vehicle speed drops below 35 mph (56 km/h), the ESC system goes back to "ESC Full Off". The ESC is in"ESC Full Off" at low vehicle speeds in 4L range so that it will not interfere with off-road driving,but the ESC function returns to provide the stability feature at speeds above 40 mph(64 km/h). The “ESC OFF Indicator Light” will always be illuminated in 4L range when ESC is in "ESC Full Off" or "ESC Partial Off"
    I had to hunt this down when I was confused after finding the car sometimes predictably doing what I was after at medium speeds on gravel and sometimes nearly coming to a stop instead.
    Martin H. | 2014 JK Unlimited (white) | 2015 Grand Cherokee (max. steel)

Visitor

I’m 50/50. We would be in with the anything goes big boys.....